3 Stars, i guess

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
His first playoff series he had one start the final three weeks or whatever because he had the hip injury. That coincided with the vision issues he complained about which were apparently severe migraines, which he started being treated for with medication (this was alternately reported as headaches caused by grinding his teeth at night).

And the Devils were coming in on like a 15 game win streak. Did not stand a chance.

That Rangers team was the biggest group of overachievers ever.

Reactions: McSauer and nyr2k2

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
If you look at this game through a more positive lens, we lost 3-2. It was a 1 goal game. And that was with Zibenejad taking half the game to get going, with Panarin and Kreider not being noticeable, with key defense men like Adam Fox being off.

Their key players cannot do much worse moving forward, and it was still a 1 goal game. You have to think of Panarin, Zibenejad, Fox, etc find their game, we get at least a couple of wins this series.

I originally predicted the Hurricanes in 5, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Regarding Igor, there were also people sitting two chairs over from him. Like he had one empty seat to his right and then someone sitting in the next seat. I am now much more convinced it's injury related in some way and nothing to do with covid

Last edited:
Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Not for nothing but this is from the Canes GDT in the third period:

I think that Hurricanes fans have a lot of respect for Henrik watching him over the years. He has dominated that team for over a decade. Including this year too. I cannot find his career win-loss record against them, but I know it absurd. He was 3-0 against them this year too. I'm sure, in a lot of ways, the Hurricanes would have rather seen Igor in net (and that is no disrespect to Igor who is likely the better goaltender than Lundqvist now, but Henrik just did so much in his career, even up to this year, to show he just has the Hurricanes number).

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Thought they didn't know how to beat this team.

Canes are running 5 LHD. In 2012 NJD dismantled the Flyers in 5. They took the puck... they landed an airial in the corner where the off-side LHD had to turn around.

They sent two forecheckers in. First man went in hard for the hit.

Keep doing that 5v5. Sami f***ing Vatenen is their RHD. You will create sustained offensive zone pressure. When the opportunity is there, go for the cross seam pass for a one-t off the cycle.

Ovechkin owns Mrazek. Watch where he shoots it on him. Have your RH shots do the same. Get Mika those looks.

When the Canes pressure, move the puck to an open area of the ice where you can create a race. Win the race and you have an odd-man rush.

That's how you beat the Canes. That's why they regressed.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
He can? Based on what, his 10 regular-season NHL wins?
He’s dominated everywhere he has gone. KHL, AHL, NHL. He gives me no reason to believe he can’t. When Hank makes one nice save, people are all like “oh he’s back” and “he’s still amazing” to justify that he is still a very good goalie. Now when I say that Igor can steal games based on his first professional season in North America and history in the KHL, that’s not allowed?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This thread brings me back to the good ole days - abysmal special teams, defense and offense not clicking, yet goaltending is the focal point of conversation despite Hank playing a solid game.

Never change, HF.
Eh, no. Another problem with hf: oversimplification. It’s the focal point of conversation because we all know the rest of the team sucked. Hank didn’t suck. We are just imagining how it may have gone with Igor there. It’s debatable if it may have gone better or worse

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
He’s dominated everywhere he has gone. KHL, AHL, NHL. He gives me no reason to believe he can’t. When Hank makes one nice save, people are all like “oh he’s back” and “he’s still amazing” to justify that he is still a very good goalie. Now when I say that Igor can steal games based on his first professional season in North America and history in the KHL, that’s not allowed?
Dominating in the KHL or AHL does not translate to dominating in the NHL. If he "dominated" in the NHL, that resulted in exactly 10 wins. It proves nothing about an ability to steal a Stanley Cup playoff series.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If Fast is out and Greg The Leg McKegg was pretty absymal plus the game winning penalty, time to give Vitali a taste of NHL play. It'll be something he can wrestle with in the long off season.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Dominating in the KHL or AHL does not translate to dominating in the NHL. If he "dominated" in the NHL, that resulted in exactly 10 wins. It proves nothing about an ability to steal a Stanley Cup playoff series.
Come on. You’re being difficult and you know it. Igor has done nothing but prove he’s elite. I know it’s not a huge sample size, but that’s all we have right now. He hasn’t proved he can steal an NHL playoff series because he hasn’t been in one yet. Obviously. But just because Hank proved he could when he was younger, it doesn’t mean he’s more likely to steal one now, based on this season. In my opinion, at this point, Igor has to prove to me he can’t steal a game in the playoffs, and Hank has to prove he can. Again, I’m going based on this season. The NHL is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business.

Last edited:
Reactions: McSauer

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
They deserved to lose this game. They look like the worst team in the tournament honestly. And don't blame it on Rookies cuz that kid on Chicago just took a huge shot on Edmonton.

Unacceptable play. Everyone should get flamed for that game.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If our top players don't show up monday she's over in 3, but I predict Zibby has a huge game. One thing I'd like to see is for them to leave Kakko with Chytil and move Gauthier up with Panarin and Strome to see if we can keep some balance in the lines.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
They deserved to lose this game. They look like the worst team in the tournament honestly. And don't blame it on Rookies cuz that kid on Chicago just took a huge shot on Edmonton.

Is someone blaming our rookies? I think our rookies actually played very well for the most part (Kakko, Gauthier, Lindgren) besides Fox. It’s our vets that sucked

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
If Fast is out and Greg The Leg McKegg was pretty absymal plus the game winning penalty, time to give Vitali a taste of NHL play. It'll be something he can wrestle with in the long off season.
A large part of why he moved up so high in the draft was how dominant he was in the KHL playoffs in his rookie season :naughty:
What do you guys think the odds are? I’d love to see him play

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Come on. You’re being difficult and you know it. Igor has done nothing but prove he’s elite. I know it’s not a huge sample size, but that’s all we have right now. He hasn’t proved he can steal an NHL playoff series because he hasn’t been in one yet. Obviously. But just because Hank proved he could when he was younger, it doesn’t mean he’s more likely to steal one now, based on this season. In my opinion, at this point, Igor has to prove to me he can’t steal a game in the playoffs, and Hank has to prove he can. Again, I’m going based on this season. The NHL is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business.
Hank, who has played more playoff games as a Ranger than any Ranger ever, had another strong game today.

The rookie, who has never played an NHL playoff game, and has all of 10 NHL wins, is “unfit to play”.

How lately are you talking here?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Canes are running 5 LHD. In 2012 NJD dismantled the Flyers in 5. They took the puck... they landed an airial in the corner where the off-side LHD had to turn around.

They sent two forecheckers in. First man went in hard for the hit.

Keep doing that 5v5. Sami f***ing Vatenen is their RHD. You will create sustained offensive zone pressure. When the opportunity is there, go for the cross seam pass for a one-t off the cycle.

Ovechkin owns Mrazek. Watch where he shoots it on him. Have your RH shots do the same. Get Mika those looks.

When the Canes pressure, move the puck to an open area of the ice where you can create a race. Win the race and you have an odd-man rush.

Absolutely 100% spot on post.

The dump ins to the D playing their off side in particular is such an easy thing to do yet I don’t recall it happening with any regularity today.

Just shoot on Mrazek. Stop trying to find the perfect play, the guy was shaky on shots all day and giving up horrible rebounds.

Putting the puck into space when the Canes pressure and jumping on them with speed is key. Instead of circling back and resetting every time in the D zone allowing them enough time to change and reset and get ready for our approach. They were doing that all day today and it doesn’t work.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Speaking or worst team in the tournament and Edmonton...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If our top players don't show up monday she's over in 3, but I predict Zibby has a huge game. One thing I'd like to see is for them to leave Kakko with Chytil and move Gauthier up with Panarin and Strome to see if we can keep some balance in the lines.
Ive been watching too many best-of-3 tournaments, I completely forgot Carolina had to win thrice not twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->