GDT: [SCP R1 GM6] Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Didn’t need the push to have a good night but thank you Stars. I’m a fan but it doesn’t tackle me anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of my team but the sun still comes up.

Anyways… I’ll be around next round.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
What a win. I missed the first half, my nap didn't end on time, but the 2nd half was fantastic. Never worried for a second. Suter was playing pretty aggressively without going over the top, which was a nice change, and loved seeing the replay of Hintz dancing Klingberg. Knew Klingberg would be a liability if he played in this series.

Reactions: Zapp

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Playoffs are really different kind of hockey. Like Hanley is not a good regular season defenseman but somehow his career playoff stats for a depth defenseman are pretty good. The game just really changes.

I think Suters slowless may be just less of a liability in the playoffs. Also his insane cross-checking is getting called much less.

Like you saw it in the 2020 playoffs. Fedun was much better than Hanley in the 2020 regular season but once the playoffs started the save option on the third pairing is just better in place of someone with more but still limited upside . You don't want your #6 to take risks in his limited time on ice.

In the regular season its fine when that happens.

Last edited:

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Playoffs are really different kind of hockey. Like Hanley is not a good regular season defenseman but somehow his career playoff stats for a depth defenseman are pretty good. The game just really changes.

I think Suters slowless may be just less of a liability in the playoffs.

Like you saw it in the 2020 playoffs. Fedun was much better than Hanley in the 2020 regular season but once the playoffs started the save option on the third pairing is just better in place of someone with more but still limited upside . You don't want your #6 to take risks in his limited time on ice.

In the regular season its fine when that happens.
every year ppl are surprised by this. spending the entire regular season bitching about someone added to the roster bc of their 'playoff style' that's hurting the day to day.

i used to hate it, but now i embrace it. it's part of the challenge of putting together a roster that can succeed in both. it's so unique to hockey and i love it.

Reactions: Satan

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
11527CE9-DF8C-411D-BF21-0855662BF16A.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad