Confirmed with Link: Scouts let go

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I don't know about firing the Europeon head scout, we have some pretty good Euros in the pipeline with Arnesson, Blidh, Cehlarik right?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't know about firing the Europeon head scout, we have some pretty good Euros in the pipeline with Arnesson, Blidh, Cehlarik right?

Holtari is based in Finland and most of the Euro success of late seems to be from Sweden (Swedes and other Euros playing there) where they have PJ and Svenake Svensson (who has been in the B's organization for 20+ years).

The fired GM's bro? Does anything really need to be said?

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Holtari is based in Finland and most of the Euro success of late seems to be from Sweden (Swedes and other Euros playing there) where they have PJ and Svenake Svensson (who has been in the B's organization for 20+ years).

The fired GM's bro? Does anything really need to be said?

That makes sense, we haven't had anything from Finland in years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That makes sense, we haven't had anything from Finland in years.

I'm sure he scouted areas other than Finland, but I have to think that this guy was a Chia hire and maybe had OTT connections? Not sure about Leblanc?

Edit: I believe that Leblanc was a part-time scout for Columbus at one point, so he was probably a Wayne Smith (who was let go last year) guy??

Last edited:

neely

Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
Tod Button is Calgary's head scout, was hired by his brother Craig when he was GM but was fired over 10 years ago. Also plenty of Sutters still kicking around the Saddledome. Sometimes there's more than one good hockey mind per household

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
hardly a first, have a peek in many organizations and you`ll see many cases of nepotism going on

Even if other teams do it, it's a bad practice to get into. It just looks bad. Goal should be to create as close to a meritocracy as possible in all areas of the organization.

Many entities officially sanction nepotism and patronage for the same reasons.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Tod Button is Calgary's head scout, was hired by his brother Craig when he was GM but was fired over 10 years ago. Also plenty of Sutters still kicking around the Saddledome. Sometimes there's more than one good hockey mind per household

In Tod Button's case there was only one good hockey mind (not including their old man Jack). Craig Button is a moron.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Even if other teams do it, it's a bad practice to get into. It just looks bad. Goal should be to create as close to a meritocracy as possible in all areas of the organization.

Many entities officially sanction nepotism and patronage for the same reasons.

I never said I liked nor agreed with it, I know absolutely nothing about Chia`s brother but this stuff happens all over the league was really all I was trying to get at

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Some good interesting picks from Sweden in the last few years, most notably Pastrnak. Hope they didn't meddle with the guys responsible for that area too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->