Scouting Thread

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017

Again, our Director of Pro Scouting is scouting the LAK . . .

Would really be something if LAK is scouting us tomorrow if Sheary is in the lineup.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Pro scout from Coyotes and Sharks at tonight’s game. Penguins are done with both Coyotes and Sharks ... Stars play Sharks 2/18 and are done with the Coyotes.

Avs sent two pro scouts, but the reason this is interesting is because the Avs don’t play the Penguins or the Stars for the rest of this year.

Joe Nieuwendyk, former Stars GM and current Canes advisor/scout. Penguins plays Canes 2/23 and they are done with the Stars.

Source

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017

We sure have been scouting the Leafs a lot.

But we play the Leafs two more times this year.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah that’s what I thought.

The only name that COULD make sense would be Bozak, and I don't see why Toronto moves him. Makes no sense.

I also think that the other times we've seen Toronto, they've been playing a different team which we've been regularly scouting for (presumably) a potential trade. Ottawa, for example . . .

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
I wonder how this board will explode if we move Sprong for Lewis.

That would suck but the fact that their pro scout has been watching us with Sprong not here gives me some promise. Lewis would be a decent fall back option IMO. At this point id much rather have him over Cullen if it comes to a backup plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad