Scouting the Possible Contenders and what they could use from Detroit.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
IIRC, aren't the Leafs still in that pickle where once everyone not named Clarkson or Horton come off LTIR, they can barely hold more than 20 guys on their roster?

I would think the Wings need to retain and take equal or more salary back from the Leafs to send them Green or Daley. However, I'm sure the Leafs wouldn't want to send a Kerfoot/Kapanen/Johnsson/Hyman for a struggling oft injured rental dman. They'd have to send one or a combination of them out in another deal to make room. But again, I don't see the possibility of acquiring a dman with questionable health from the Wings enough of a motivator to do that...

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I'm actually surprised so many people think any team, let alone a playoff team, would want Trevor Daley playing D for them.

Green will probably return a 4th, maybe 3rd.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Depending on buyers/sellers mkt, Green should net 2nd or 3rd.
Daley b/w 5th-7th
E 6th-7th
Howard 6th-7th?

Hirose 3rd/4th?

AA for Georgiev or Ghost+(small add 3rd/b-level prospect) if needed.

Helm 3rd? w/some retention

Erne/Perlini could net a 5th & 6th respectively.

I'd be tempted to sell Cholo while he has "some" value now, he's 14gp, 4pts -6 in GR, but I guess it couldn't hurt to give him another year development. The 1st is already a sunk cost.

Still excited about the TDL, though not as excited as if our trade chips had a bit more value.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Dougie Hamilton just broke his leg and is out for a while.

Maybe Mike Green is a rental option for them now? Idk. He could fill in well for the power play and 3rd line.

Reactions: Ricelund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad