Scouting report on the draft

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Ouch...Turnbuckle, you're a Habs fan right ?

Welcome, "the idiot" to YOUR team !

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Bender said:
Ouch...Turnbuckle, you're a Habs fan right ?

Welcome, "the idiot" to YOUR team !

That is hilarious! Talk about burning yourself. Unfairly rip on the kid's character and then watch your favorite team end up taking him with their first round pick. :biglaugh:

turnbuckle*

Unfairly rip? I merely reported what I'd heard. I have no problem with Fischer; he had poor interviews; if he's a good player it will mean squat. Leetch had poor interviews; it didn't matter.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
turnbuckle said:
Unfairly rip? I merely reported what I'd heard. I have no problem with Fischer; he had poor interviews; if he's a good player it will mean squat. Leetch had poor interviews; it didn't matter.

I certainly don't see anything wrong with this. It just goes to show that it only takes one team's opinion to completely screw up what potentially 29 others thought. We'll never know. Maybe his allegedly poor interviews put him to 60th on 29 lists, but not on the one. It doesn't really matter. The kid got taken where he did and now he just has to work on his on-ice game.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
MacHabs93 said:
Maybe the Montreal staff started the rumor to get him to drop on everyone's list ? :teach:

Hard to make up a rumor he had bad interviews. That being said from what turnbuckle said the kid just sounds cocky, which can be both a good and bad trait.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Inside College Hockey on Fischer:

He may not have been the most talented player in the draft, but Apple Valley (Minn.) H.S. defenseman David Fischer, another Minnesota-bound prospect who went to Montreal with the 20th overall pick, might have been the funniest. Among the gems unleashed by the guy who says his nickname is "Fishdaddy:"

• When asked by a reporter on areas in which he needs to improve, the 6-3, 185-pound Fischer patted his chest with both hands, then mimicked a bench press motion with his arms.

• Queried for his thoughts on whether Erik Johnson would be a Gopher next season, Fischer responded, "He says he's coming and I believe him. But we'll see when the money gets on the table."

• Another scribe noted that Fischer likes to wear No. 9. When quizzed why he couldn't wear that number with the Habs, he stared blankly at the dozen or so reporters surrounding him, pausing for a moment and hesistantly said, "Richard?" Fischer exhaled deeply, aware that his future with Montreal could have been doomed roughly 15 minutes after he was picked.

Bégin is the bestest*

MacHabs93 said:
Maybe the Montreal staff started the rumor to get him to drop on everyone's list ? :teach:

i think the same. the Montréal scout who scouts in Minnesota coached Fischer in the past, he probably asked him to look like an idiot when he'll be interviewd by other teams. Then the scout started the rumor of Fishcer being an idiot. Ficsher acted like an idiot as the scout told him to do, the other teams decided to pass on this "idiot", the habs drafted him and he's surely not an idiot for real. :handclap: :D

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
He said something about this year being a year with lot of obstacles...

What was that about? I didnt understand well

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->