OT: Scott99 Eats Crow Thread

scott99

May 13, 2005
Well, for the 1,000,000,000th time, I was wrong. Therefore I am posting this thread for people to flame away.

I said no way the Islanders would win game 7 after losing back to back OT games, and blowing a 3-1 series lead. I said no teams ever come back from blowing a 3-1 lead. Boy was I wrong, ALL 3 teams that blew 3-1 series leads, won on Friday and Saturday.

In my own defense, it turns out the Isles are the FIRST team to ever lose 3 OT games in a series, yet still win the series. They made history boys and girls. Also in my own defense, I did say the only chance they had to win is if they started Greiss. But not only did they do that, they played that spectacular team defense that makes them so successful.

I must always remember, they have Barry Trotz, so they always have a chance. I believe Washington was down in ALL 4 series and still win the Cup in 2017-18. He is an incredible coach, Islander’s players believe in him 100%, and he believes in them. Shoutout to Brassard, who we all bashed, having a really nice series. Our team is a top 4 team (worst case scenario), and we were top 8 last year. What a difference Lamoriello/Trotz and great owners have made.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Well, for the 1,000,000,000th time, I was wrong. Therefore I am posting this thread for people to flame away.

I said no way the Islanders would win game 7 after losing back to back OT games, and blowing a 3-1 series lead. I said no teams ever come back from blowing a 3-1 lead. Boy was I wrong, ALL 3 teams that blew 3-1 series leads, won on Friday and Saturday.

In my own defense, it turns out the Isles are the FIRST team to ever lose 3 OT games in a series, yet still win the series. They made history boys and girls. Also in my own defense, I did say the only chance they had to win is if they started Greiss. But not only did they do that, they played that spectacular team defense that makes them so successful.

I must always remember, they have Barry Trotz, so they always have a chance. I believe Washington was down in ALL 4 series and still win the Cup in 2017-18. He is an incredible coach, Islander’s players believe in him 100%, and he believes in them. Shoutout to Brassard, who we all bashed, having a really nice series. Our team is a top 4 team (worst case scenario), and we were top 8 last year. What a difference Lamoriello/Trotz and great owners have made.
Wrong again. That's what's so right about you ;)

Reactions: scott99

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

We'll revisit the Simon Holmstrom pick in a year or 2 when he's on the Islanders.

Reactions: xECK29x and scott99

scott99

May 13, 2005
I work in the industry, so I’m not allowed to make suggestions on trading. But let’s just say, I’m worse at making stock predictions than hockey ones.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
There was only one prior case and that was Calgary Vancouver in 94. Calgary came out and scored the first goal in game 7 too and even came back to tie it in the 3rd before losing in OT for the 3rd straight game. I believe had that game been played in Philly the Isles lose. At the same time though I don’t believe the Isles would have dropped game 6 at home

Reactions: scott99

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I didn’t think we’d do it either lol. I guess it’s just the years of being disappointed that’s made me the pessimist.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Fills an eat crow thread with excuses....double crow for you punk!

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

Wait are you the same guy that said they’d lose the series after the game 5 loss?

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
In my own defense, it turns out the Isles are the FIRST team to ever lose 3 OT games in a series, yet still win the series. They made history boys and girls.

I suspect you’re giving yourself too much credit here Scott.

Rephrase your question and ask “How many teams have been tied 3-3 in games with them having their first 3 wins all coming in OT?
Off the top of my head I don’t recall that happening but I suppose it probably has. Given that scenario, what is the record of the 3 OT win team vs their opponent in game 7?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I suspect you’re giving yourself too much credit here Scott.

Rephrase your question and ask “How many teams have been tied 3-3 in games with them having their first 3 wins all coming in OT?
Off the top of my head I don’t recall that happening but I suppose it probably has. Given that scenario, what is the record of the 3 OT win team vs their opponent in game 7?

A team has never won 3OT games and lost a series before.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So a similar question would be “How many game 7s include a team that won their first 3 games all in OT?

I suspect that this scenario has barely happened at all.

I don't know the answer to that question. It's probably very unlikely, yes.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Oh you mean the older and less talented version of Ruslan Ishakov.

Too soon?

I fear not.
Did NOT like the Ishakov pick, but did not hate it as much s the Cammarata pick. Look at the picks available at the time we picked Cammarata, Jake Guentzel was picked with the NEXT pick. Also, should have picked Buchnevich instead of Eamon McAdam (another bad pick). If we walked away with Buchnevich and Guentzel, imagine how much better our team would've been a few years later. Anthony Duclair and Oliver Bjorkstrand are other guys we passed up on favor of McAadam.

That being said, I was higher on McAdam than Cammarata. Ahh, the good old days (bad old days ?).

Reactions: buud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad