Prospect Info: Scott Wilson | Forward | Georgetown (OJHL) | Seventh Round, 209th overall

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
p3107908.jpg

Mister-Almost-Irrelevant.

Name: Scott Wilson
Selection: Seventh Round (209th overall)
Position: F
Height: 5-11
Weight: 166
Amateur Team: Georgetown (OJHL)

Note: A 5-foot-11, 166-pound forward from Georgetown Raiders of the Ontario Junior A Hockey League (OJHL). Wilson, 18, produced 20 goals, 41 assists and 61 points in 42 games this past season for the Raiders. The Oakville, ON native spent three years with Georgetown, collecting 44 goals, 85 assists and 129 points in 104 games. He added 20 points (10G-10A) in 16 postseason contests. Wilson will attend the University of Massachusetts-Lowell in the fall.

Sexton’s Take: “Speed, tenacious, good skills, plays hard and in your face. He’s a power-play, penalty kill guy, good all around. He’s tenacious. He comes at you.”

Last edited:

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
another shortie Winger! argh

Draft is over and we probably had the worst draft of any team. Heck i thought atleast Kennedy or Talbot rights would be traded.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
I seriously hope you aren't actually flipping out over a 7th round pick.

Haha, in all seriousness, I know nothing about anyone drafted like 3rd round on, minus some exceptions, so I'm willing to defer to Shero and company.

Actually, I'm happy to defer to Shero and company on every move this franchise makes. I'm just some keyboard jockey. I'm not about to pretend that I know better than them.

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
Draft is over and we probably had the worst draft of any team. Heck i thought atleast Kennedy or Talbot rights would be traded.

Talbot just rejected a 3 year contract because he wants to go to July 1 and see what's out there...His rights wouldn't have a lot of value anyway but that lessens it even further. I doubt a team would give anything more than a conditional pick (if they could sign him) so why bother?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I seriously hope you aren't actually flipping out over a 7th round pick.

My GOD can you imagine how much BETTER a player we would've had if we didn't trade that other, other 7th rounder for Kovy?! So valuable these late picks!

This draft almost makes me wish we had traded both 7th rounders.

:laugh:

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Talbot just rejected a 3 year contract because he wants to go to July 1 and see what's out there...His rights wouldn't have a lot of value anyway but that lessens it even further. I doubt a team would give anything more than a conditional pick (if they could sign him) so why bother?

Thought that was just a rumor. Would of been happy if we would of traded Dupuis's rights.

Hell we could of drafted all goalies and i would of been happy to get rid of Dupuis.;)

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Moving on, so what the heck is the OJHL?

It's Junior A, a step below major junior.

Yup. Beau Bennett was drafted out of Junior A at the other end of the country. Some guys go that route because it allows you to still be eligible to play in college. Major Junior prevents that.

Of course, Bennett went to a highly respected college program. This guy, not so much.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Moving on, so what the heck is the OJHL?

Junior A league in Ontario, same as what the BCHL is for British Columbia. College-bound Canadians play there because the NCAA considers the three major junior leagues "professional". The Pens drafted Nick D'Agostino out of the OJHL in 2008 before he went to Cornell.

On the downside, Wilson is actually older than Rust and Agostino who were drafted a year earlier...

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Name: Scott Wilson
Selection: Seventh Round (209th overall)
Position: F
Height: 5-11
Weight: 166
Amateur Team: Georgetown (OJHL)

Note: A 5-foot-11, 166-pound forward from Georgetown Raiders of the Ontario Junior A Hockey League (OJHL). Wilson, 18, produced 20 goals, 41 assists and 61 points in 42 games this past season for the Raiders. The Oakville, ON native spent three years with Georgetown, collecting 44 goals, 85 assists and 129 points in 104 games. He added 20 points (10G-10A) in 16 postseason contests. Wilson will attend the University of Massachusetts-Lowell in the fall.

Sexton’s Take: “Speed, tenacious, good skills, plays hard and in your face. He’s a power-play, penalty kill guy, good all around. He’s tenacious. He comes at you.”

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I'm about ready to off myself after this pick.

Come on, he was the 4th leading scorer on his team in a league that is not very good. What is not to like.:sarcasm:

I am not going to pass judgement but besides for the 1st pick which I did like I was not exactly thrilled about the picks. Time will tell. I am a Pine Richland grad so I wanted Saad because it would of been cool to have Walker and Saad both playing for the home town team. Even though I wanted Saad I can see why they picked Morrow instead. Could be a left handed Letang. He has many of the same traits.

Even the 2nd round pick which had me scratching my head at first still gives me some hope because of his stock the year before as a projected 1st round pick.

StoneColdFlower*

Yup. Beau Bennett was drafted out of Junior A at the other end of the country. Some guys go that route because it allows you to still be eligible to play in college. Major Junior prevents that.

Of course, Bennett went to a highly respected college program. This guy, not so much.

I went to high school with a guy like that. He now plays for the Sens. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad