Scott Stevens Impact As Coach?

kamil27

Jan 10, 2013
Im curious what everyone think about Scott Stevens behind the bench. Our defense is strong, but can Scott make this defense a little more hard hitting and aggressive?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully he can. He's a good mentor for Larsson even though their game is a bit different.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
The biggest question is whether he can teach the qualities that made him a great player. Considering his adaption from going from a pretty decent point-getter to a huge hitter, HoF defenseman, I'd have to say he has a decent shot at being a hell of a coach.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Who knows? How someone is as a player isn't a great indicator with his good a coach they will be.

kamil27

Jan 10, 2013
being a captain for many years, I assume he has leadership qualities. Thus, carrying on over to a coach. We have some conservative defense imo, to teach them to take open ice hits would be nice to look at hahaa

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I am more excited just to see him get angry on the bench and how he handles it.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
I am more excited just to see him get angry on the bench and how he handles it.

What game was it last season where Oates, Robinson, and Pete were all going nuts on the bench? I wanna say it was a Rangers or Islanders game where there was some sort of bad officiating and they went off on the refs.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
What game was it last season where Oates, Robinson, and Pete were all going nuts on the bench? I wanna say it was a Rangers or Islanders game where there was some sort of bad officiating and they went off on the refs.

Game 6 of the Cup.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
No it was during the regular season. There was a .gif of it too, I think.

I went to all the home games so if it happen at home I won't have noticed it. I know Oats went nuts during Game 6 on the hit from behind to Gionta and when the Referee got in Volchenko way.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Rangers in February
coaches.gif

Gm 6
clap.gif

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
it doesnt even matter how much he can teach the defense the biggest impact is that he's near the ice and players will still **** their pants if he so much as looks in their general direction.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
and I'd imagine Stevens losing it behind the bench would look like something at 41 seconds in

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If we had Stevens on the bench, I'd be curious to see how the DeBoer-Tortorella incident in the playoffs would've played out.

kamil27

Jan 10, 2013
i hated that domi guy hahhaa....omg i remember the holik stevens hitting combo haha like the bash bros hahaha

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Excited for Stevens as I'm sure all of us are but still not a fan of losing Larry.
Me neither, but replacing Larry with Stevens is a good thing. Oates will most definitely in my opinion prove to be our most insignificant loss out of every player, and coach that isn't back this year from last season. Well except for Boulton!

Yes what Wingman said. That's Torts if Stevens is on the bench!

There was also a game against Anaheim where Pete won't ballistic on the refs. When the original call on the ice in OT was them counting a goal that was blatantly kicked in. Even after it was overturned in Toronto, Pete was still giving him **** for it when handing him the shootout lineup! He just threw the paper at him. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad