Player Discussion Scott Sabourin - signed to 1 yr 2-way contract - What's my name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
honestrly, I think its unoriginal, and because it was the leafs sportsnet and tsn acted like it was the best chirp they had ever heard/seen and also the first time they had ever seen it. like they had segments asking the leafs players what they thought of the chirp... the team and the media surrounding it are getting out of control. easiest team to hate in pro sports at the moment
Yup.

All the arrogance, with none of the success to justify it.

Reactions: robsenz

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You got to hand it to Scott. He came in on a PTO. Made a noticeable impression and made the team. You root for guys like this. Well done. Adds some spice to the Sens line up.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
honestrly, I think its unoriginal, and because it was the leafs sportsnet and tsn acted like it was the best chirp they had ever heard/seen and also the first time they had ever seen it. like they had segments asking the leafs players what they thought of the chirp... the team and the media surrounding it are getting out of control. easiest team to hate in pro sports at the moment

They wouldn't do that come on....watches top 10 this morning of greatest opening day NHL goals, sees number 1, lol

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Here's how I see it so far;

Start of training camp: This guy has character I like him.

Beats up Max Domi: Yup, he's already earned that contract.

Beats up any Leaf on opening day: Please keep him around all year.

Although I'm completely on board with eliminating the "goon" and ban fighting in general from hockey, I sometimes miss having a Neil, Carkner or McGrattan around...just incase.

I'm not against fighting in hockey but at the same time I'm like if this happened in soccer or golf, motherf***ers would be charged for sure lol.

Honestly fighting could be interpreted as assault so idk what to think. For a while I have speculated it may be possible if someone didn't want to fight got injured in some manner while fighting that ended their career that assault charges could be possible as well as legal action, career long salary in the millions of millions of dollars.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
The best part about this is he’s on a 1 year, 2 way deal making league minimum. If he has a shitty game tonight we can send him down to the minors.

Best case scenario is he plays a hard 7-8 minutes, throws a couple big hits and gets a few guys off their games. Anything other than that is just a bonus

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The best part about this is he’s on a 1 year, 2 way deal making league minimum. If he has a ****ty game tonight we can send him down to the minors.

Best case scenario is he plays a hard 7-8 minutes, throws a couple big hits and gets a few guys off their games. Anything other than that is just a bonus
Yup, nothing to be upset about with the position the Sens are in (and want to be in)

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I'm not against fighting in hockey but at the same time I'm like if this happened in soccer or golf, mother****ers would be charged for sure lol.

Honestly fighting could be interpreted as assault so idk what to think. For a while I have speculated it may be possible if someone didn't want to fight got injured in some manner while fighting that ended their career that assault charges could be possible as well as legal action, career long salary in the millions of millions of dollars.

It kind of already happened with Todd Bertuzzi and Steve Moore.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Got pretty pumped last night when he notched his first, I legit say this with no disrespect as he is obviously a hell of a player and pro but it feels like the Sens did a fan promo to win "to play with the team" and Scott won it, only wish good things for this local dude!

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Do you think a team would trade for him and then possibly risk putting him on waivers if they wanted to get him some playing time?

Think about this.. What if we trade him for a first pick because he is on pace for 82 goals this year. Then they put him on waivers for whatever reason and we grab him again !!!

( I'm pretty sure you knew i was joking )

Reactions: SABUMANIA

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Y
Think about this.. What if we trade him for a first pick because he is on pace for 82 goals this year. Then they put him on waivers for whatever reason and we grab him again !!!

( I'm pretty sure you knew i was joking )
Yes and so was I :laugh:

Reactions: Viletho

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
How dare they

Attachments

• 06874112-242C-4760-8CA0-7EE331FD7274.jpeg
    06874112-242C-4760-8CA0-7EE331FD7274.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 10
Status