Speculation: Scott Perunovich NHL arrival? (read OP)

when will Scott Perunovich be NHL ready?

• Total voters

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
A lot depends on the nature of the shoulder injury. Did he tear his labrum? Did he tear his rotator cuff? Did he do something in between or something even worse? ~3 months puts us at the end of the year and on the doorstep of the playoffs, and it's doubtful he's going into the lineup at that point. ~6-9 months a la Tarasenko, ... quite a different story.

Not great that he's parked for the rest of the season, but let's see what comes out on the why.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
A lot depends on the nature of the shoulder injury. Did he tear his labrum? Did he tear his rotator cuff? Did he do something in between or something even worse? ~3 months puts us at the end of the year and on the doorstep of the playoffs, and it's doubtful he's going into the lineup at that point. ~6-9 months a la Tarasenko, ... quite a different story.

Not great that he's parked for the rest of the season, but let's see what comes out on the why.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the press release from the team stated that he would be ready for training camp next season. [insert grain of salt here]

Edit to add actual wording from Blues official statement: "Perunovich is expected to be healthy and ready for the 2021-22 season."

Last edited:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the press release from the team stated that he would be ready for training camp next season. [insert grain of salt here]

Edit to add actual wording from Blues official statement: "Perunovich is expected to be healthy and ready for the 2021-22 season."
That leads me to believe this probably isn't terribly major, just enough to keep him out for the rest of this regular season. Not worried about long-term prospects, other than he's not getting games in now to get adjusted to the pro style of play.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
That leads me to believe this probably isn't terribly major, just enough to keep him out for the rest of this regular season. Not worried about long-term prospects, other than he's not getting games in now to get adjusted to the pro style of play.
Of all the seasons to lose time, this is the best one.

Reactions: 542365

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad