Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
0iosLnO.gif

my only contribution to this thread.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Doughty has 4 golds in international play, 1 silver, a Noris and 2 Stanley cups.
Niedermayer had 5 golds, won the memorial cup, 1 Noris, 4 Stanley cups and 1 Conn Smythe.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Doughty has 4 golds in international play, 1 silver, a Noris and 2 Stanley cups.
Niedermayer had 5 golds, won the memorial cup, 1 Noris, 4 Stanley cups and 1 Conn Smythe.

Doughty's like 28 and still has half his career left

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

Their Norris finishes in the top-10. Doughty is the longer list and he's 28yo.
Niedermayer was great for 3 years, but Doughty looks like he will be great his whole career.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Drews trash talking is hilarious, I don't think Neidermayer ever used words like "dude you suck at hockey" type of stuff on the ice.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Would have been interesting to see these 2 players switch the times they played.

I think today's game is more fitting to Niedermayer's skillset and the other game more suited to Doughty's style of play.

Both are incredible dmen... for me, I would take Doughty... he's more my style of dman.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean, I can understand if people want to give 'career' passes to Scott Neidermeyer right now given he played 18 years to the 10 we have on Doughty right now, but unless you think Doughty is going to fall off a cliff out of the friggin blue, he's on trajectory to have a better career, and arguably has already. And if you watched him this past season, the only way you think he's going to fall off a cliff is agenda-driven.

Edit: and with precious few exceptions, the "not Drew" option has exactly the expected posters, lol. Keep fighting the good fight :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelDuck

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

Doughty in the 2012 and 2014 playoffs was better than Niedermayer in his Smythe year

Reactions: kilowatt

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Not likely. He isn't going to be traded and L.A has peaked as a franchise. Their core is getting old and they're making a ton of $$$.

He was second in Norris voting last year and posted a career high in points scored, so you’re talking out of your ass. He’s been in the league for a decade now and he’s still getting better.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Not likely. He isn't going to be traded and L.A has peaked as a franchise. Their core is getting old and they're making a ton of $$$.
Why does that matter?

He's in prime age for defencemen for another 5-7 years. Team success is almost completely irrelevant at this point when you consider that Doughty has already won everything regardless.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yes, because every player who has peaked will go on a steady downward decline. It's very, very likely he has at least one more Norris level season.

And you're quick to write off the Kings. Just like the Bruins and Sharks were written off last year before the season.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I mean, I can understand if people want to give 'career' passes to Scott Neidermeyer right now given he played 18 years to the 10 we have on Doughty right now, but unless you think Doughty is going to fall off a cliff out of the friggin blue, he's on trajectory to have a better career, and arguably has already. And if you watched him this past season, the only way you think he's going to fall off a cliff is agenda-driven.

Well I'm not saying he's falling off a cliff, but he doesn't seem as dynamic. He really left an impression on me in his first few years in the league. He wasn't afraid to make a mistake while taking risks offensively and maybe that is a good thing. Neidermeyer could take a lot more risks because he was such an awesome skater that he had a better chance than most d-men to hustle back to get into the play when things went south.

Doughty might be able to put up great totals over the next few seasons, but it's going to get harder and harder for him because L.A has big money invested in contracts that belong to players who are coming out of their prime. Unless he demands a trade to a great younger up and coming team I don't see how it's possible for him to catch up.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Doughty is 28. At 28 years old Keith had 1 Cup, 1 Norris, no other top 5 finishes and 2 other top 10 finishes. That's 1 Cup and 3 top 10 Norris finishes total.
Doughty has 2 Cups, 1 Norris, 3 other top 5 finishes, and 4 other top 10 finishes. That's 2 Cups and 8 top 10 Norris finishes total.

A debate can be made that Doughty has already eclipsed Keith's career and he's still at his peak and 6+ years younger than him.

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad