Scott Laughton

Hardnell

Feb 27, 2012
Is he going to get called up during these remaining games / playoffs or did the 5 games he played last year cause a contract or waiver problem. I apologize in advance for not looking up the new CBA rules.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
i think it's 9games every season and i don't think we can call him because he already was on the roster and we sent him down. not sure if this is a 100% correct.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
i think it's 9games every season and i don't think we can call him because he already was on the roster and we sent him down. not sure if this is a 100% correct.

Have to wait until his OHL season is over.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
He cannot play for the Flyers this year unless as an emergency call up.

edit: Got confused. He wouldn't have been able to play in the NHL this year while he was still playing in the OHL unless it was for an emergency call up. He is eligible after Oshawa's season is over with.

Last edited:

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm

Laughton can be recalled when Oshawas season is over.

Once he is recalled the normal 10 games played rule is in effect.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
If Oshawa were to be eliminated from the playoffs prior to the NHL playoffs and we make the playoffs do you think we will call him up?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pretty sure when the OHL playoffs end he can come up but if he plays more than 9 games it takes a year off his contract.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Has he played any yet , no right ?

He played none, he was scratched for the season opener against Toronto then sent down the next day.

If his team gets knocked out & the Flyers are in the playoffs he may get a game or two then they'll possibly take it from there. I don't know what their feelings are towards burning the ELC year or not, so that could factor into what type of leash he would get.

The Phantoms won't be in the playoffs this year so they don't have that to fallback on.

Last edited:

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I don't really have an issue with burning a year off his ELC if he is able to step in and perform in the playoffs. There will always be injuries and he could play on a number of lines. Kreider was a big boost for the Rangers a few years ago.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't really have an issue with burning a year off his ELC if he is able to step in and perform in the playoffs. There will always be injuries and he could play on a number of lines. Kreider was a big boost for the Rangers a few years ago.

Kredier was a bigger addition than Laughton would be. He played a much larger role than Scott would.

Moondog47

Feb 5, 2014
He gets called up no matter what IMO after his junior season is over even if it's just to get him more practice with the big club and go through some NHL practices/skates. Then if someone goes down in the postseason he is available to step in and play if need be.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I can see it now. Laughton gets called up plays 4th line minutes until injuries to vinny and brayden. Then raffl and laughton go on a line with simmer and its like the leino, hartnell briere line all over again.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can see it now. Laughton gets called up plays 4th line minutes until injuries to vinny and brayden. Then raffl and laughton go on a line with simmer and its like the leino, hartnell briere line all over again.

:laugh: That actually sounds like a great line.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Laughton is just finishing up a 3 game suspension while his Generals wait for the winner of the North Bay/Barrie series. As a Colts fan I've wanted to avoid Oshawa as long as possible.

In the Coaches Poll this year Laughton was nominated for a total of 7 categories...tops in the league. He came 1st in the east for top PKer and faceoffs. He was picked 2nd for best shot, smartest player, most dangerous in goal area and best defensive forward. He finished third in hardest shot.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The question is, if he is brought up, who sits?

Also, I thought that the 9-games thing didn't count for the playoffs and only the regular season?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The question is, if he is brought up, who sits?

Also, I thought that the 9-games thing didn't count for the playoffs and only the regular season?

They count in the playoffs as well. As for him coming up, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. His team will likely be in the OHL final, which is still a round away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad