Scott Laughton (thread originated in 2013)

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Kid was solid yesterday against the pens and standing out as much as Giroux today against the Sabres.

Honestly can't believe how well he's been doing on the big stage.

--------------------

January 27 update:

GM Paul Holmgren announced that Scott Laughton will return to his junior team, the Oshawa Generals.

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Before I was hoping that he would stick and be our fourth line center when Briere comes back, but he is making a push to center Brieres line.

Hartnell/Giroux/Voracek
Briere/Laughton/Simmonds
Schenn/Couts/Read

That is a good top 9. Given Laughton doesn't let up his play.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
If we send him back, we pretty much might as well prep for the draft, because we will definitely be a lottery team

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
He has been one of the best if not the best forward on the ice, I don't think he goes down, he stays with the big club, I'm impressed with him thus far

iamcanadian23

Jan 2, 2011
Toronto
Been pleasantly surprised with Scott Laughton.
If only we had a single defensive prospect who could be contributing right about now...

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
He has been really good and I want him to stay. He's special. However, it's one game. Don't consider him as the next Giroux yet. We don't know if he can play like this consistently.

He sure is a positive acquisition, though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's looked good, but I'm still sending him back after 5 games. When Briere comes back his minutes are going to be cut and I just don't want an 18 year old kid to play 7-10 minutes a game with no special teams minutes. Let him go back to Oshawa, dominate, hopefully have a nice playoff run and see if he's ready for the show full time next year.

Let's remember how awesome Sbisa looked in his trial run too and burning a year off his ELC (even if it didn't hurt us directly) wasn't the right thing to do.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
If we send him back, we pretty much might as well prep for the draft, because we will definitely be a lottery team
scott laughton is not the key to our season...

Hes going to hit a wall, so when he slows down...remember all this praise from 2 whole games.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
With the quality of forwards we've drafted, you could make an unstopable line-up.

Carter - Giroux - Sharp
JVR - Richards - Gagne
Umberger - Couturier - Williams
Downey - Laughton - Upshal

hockeyphan25

Aug 28, 2005
he's outplayed most of our forwards, that's for sure. Hopefully he keeps it up and our 2nd year guys start to show improvement.

GTopCheese

Jul 19, 2012
Robbed of his first goal by the no call hook in front of the net.

He has looked like one of our best players though.

mrgjnv

Mar 4, 2011
His presence stood out that's for sure. I bet ya there's a few saying "who's that Laughton kid". Did impress!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I will say, with Laughton, I think we should be done with centers for a long while.

That's like the Phillies saying they won't draft a shortstop for a while. You can never be too strong up the middle, and if they are skilled enough they can move to the wing like Schenn. The teams who struggle are the ones weak down the middle.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
That's like the Phillies saying they won't draft a shortstop for a while. You can never be too strong up the middle, and if they are skilled enough they can move to the wing like Schenn. The teams who struggle are the ones weak down the middle.

Teams with no dman prospects also struggle like us:cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->