Celebrity Death: Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
It's surreal to me to make a thread about someone who was a very close friend of my family, but he should be remembered. I don't know how familiar people here will be of his music, but Scott was one of the nicest and kindest guys you could ever meet and his music helped countless people, myself included. Scott, I hope you found peace.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
This is so upsetting to me. Frightened Rabbit has meant so much to me, and their music has always had this serious uplifting quality that makes you think "yeah life sucks, but it will get better". This has added a seriously eerie quality to songs like Floating in the Forth and Swim Until You Can't See Land, too. RIP :(

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've seen Scott singing in some form or another fifteen times. It was going to be sixteen at The First Incident next month. I don't know how long it'll take me to realise I never will again but it's going to take a while.

I've never understood, or I suppose I realise now, been able to understand, why people say they feel angry when someone they know commits suicide but I get it now. And I still don't know why.

Anyone who ever listened to his music will feel as if they've lost someone they knew intimately. I don't know how else to sum him up.

Reactions: SeidoN

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Incredibly sad news. A guy with a true, genuine personality who wrote incredibly meaningful songs. I've been thinking of their lyrics all day. It's tragic. Just so sad that he'd been suffering for so long.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Horrific. Loved Frightened Rabbit, was eager for more Owl John.

RIP. And I'm sorry for your loss SeidoN.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
Really sad.

The Midnight Organ Fight was one of my most played albums when it came out. I gave it a listen to this week and it's still so so good.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Heartbreaking. His music was meaningful to me in good times and essential listening when times have been tough. I hope that sometimes amid his struggles he realized his work was vital and loved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad