Scott Gomez

gradeAducksfan

Mar 29, 2010
Anaheim
I'm reading some reports saying the Ducks might want to give a shot. Good or Bad?

Could be a good pick up if the price is right. 2nd line center with a new team, also playing with Ryan or Teemu.

I know he's on his last legs but most of us know. A new team can be the trick sometimes.

Or do you think the young talent gets a shot?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If he signs I'd think will be for the 4C role with him being a backup plan if nobody else succeeds on the 2nd line.

As I said in the other thread I have no issues so long as he comes cheap. I also have no issues if we don't sign him but the extra competition never hurts.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
The Gomez sweepstakes are still ongoing... One team now out of the running: Anaheim.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Gomez sweepstakes are still ongoing... One team now out of the running: Anaheim.

This is how I imagine those discussions went

BM: Hey Scott, look we're really interested in what you bring to the table and we're considering giving you a contract.
SG: That sounds great Bob, Anaheim seems like a great place for me to try to re-ignite my career without the media spotlight.
BM: Sounds good to me, you do understand that we can't pay you the same kind of money you got on your last contract right?
SG: Of course, but while we're on the subject how much money am I looking at and will I have a shot at competing for a second line role?
BM: Well there's a spot on the fourth line currently being occupied by Peter Holland and we can't pay you more than 3 million.
SG: Click

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Thank god

couldnt agree more...saw him play in the ECHL this year and they guy was a non-factor. granted he could have been going at half speed, but it looked like he was going half speed. guys beating him on the boards, picking his passes and striping the puck all game

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

Sweepstakes? Seriously?

Sorry, but I am a huge Habs fan and watched him play a lot the past few years, and any team that actually signs Gomez is the loser in this particular sweepstakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad