Confirmed with Link: Scott Gomez a San Jose Shark - 1 year $700k

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol how cute, he wanted his number back. He wasn't going to get that here :laugh:

The vigil can end now, if the Devils were really in the running, there wouldn't be all these different leaks.

He went back to that? What, he didn't like his crazy high number with Montreal and the Rangers?

I think he and Drury did rock/paper/scissors to determine who got 23 when they both signed as a FA lol. And it was most likely retired in Montreal.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The regular season is anything but irrelevant. You need to win games in the regular season to get to the playoffs.

And yeah, I'd rather have a player who can keep up come playoffs too. Not sure how that applies to Gomez

Gomez was and still is very clutch come playoff time, so I really don't know what you're talking bout. Anyways, Sykora will probably be available after the w-e and Gomez looks like he won't be available in the next 24hrs, so I guess you're right and all 30 gm's... Aren't.

At 700K, he's the bargain of the year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gomez clutch? I remember him and Mogilny going through HUGE droughts in 2001, and Gomez almost getting scratched in 2000. The only time I remember him having big playoff performances was in '07 and of course his series with the Rangers against us.

apice3*

I think you're missing my point so I'm just gonna stop. We can check the Sharks board in a couple months to see how big of a bargain he is.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think you're missing my point so I'm just gonna stop. We can check the Sharks board in a couple months to see how big of a bargain he is.

Gomez is going to be a good player. He never was a bad player aside from last year when it was quite evident he just lost his drive.

I'd see him getting 50 points in a full season, probably 20-23 points in a shortened one.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
As I said last night, Sharks today will agree to terms with Scott Gomez on one-year, $700,000 (pro-rated) deal

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Decent gamble for the Sharks. They needed some depth at center and Handzus looked really slow last year. Not sure how much Gomez will produce at even strength with guys like T.J. Galiardi and Tommy Wingels, but he'll probably get some time on their 2nd PP unit. Worst case, they can waive him and not put a huge dent into their budget.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Decent gamble for the Sharks. They needed some depth at center and Handzus looked really slow last year. Not sure how much Gomez will produce at even strength with guys like T.J. Galiardi and Tommy Wingels, but he'll probably get some time on their 2nd PP unit. Worst case, they can waive him and not put a huge dent into their budget.
You just reminded me something I wanted to say.

Sgarbossa continued progressing and McGinn helped the Avs win many hockey games at the end of the last year. I didn`t really get why they got rid of Winnik, a PKer and a solid bottom6 grinder, who then didn`t do particularly well in San José, but he wasn`t bad either. And after they make this weird trade, who did the Sharks keep? Galiardi, who`s been struggling for years. Meanwhile, Winnik starts the season scoring 4 goals in 2 games.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Gomez is going to be a good player. He never was a bad player aside from last year when it was quite evident he just lost his drive.

I'd see him getting 50 points in a full season, probably 20-23 points in a shortened one.

And the year before that.

DevilsAnimal*

I would have taken him for that contract, easy buy out if he sucks

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
You just reminded me something I wanted to say.

Sgarbossa continued progressing and McGinn helped the Avs win many hockey games at the end of the last year. I didn`t really get why they got rid of Winnik, a PKer and a solid bottom6 grinder, who then didn`t do particularly well in San José, but he wasn`t bad either. And after they make this weird trade, who did the Sharks keep? Galiardi, who`s been struggling for years. Meanwhile, Winnik starts the season scoring 4 goals in 2 games.

That trade is looking pretty good for the Avs. Kinda funny in that Sgarbossa was traded for one time phenom John McFarland in the OHL. McFarland plateaued for Saginaw and Sgarbossa immediately broke out. Even now, Sgarbossa is among the rookie point leaders in the AHL while McFarland initially was in the ECHL to begin this season.

San Jose had lost a ton of prospects/picks over the years, although Doug Wilson did sell high on a few guys like Steve Bernier.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is it time to start pining for Arnott yet?

Haha no I think we're good! I have to wonder what's going on with him though. How come he hasn't been signed? Is he nursing something, or considering retirement? Sykora hasn't been signed yet either.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Probably a good shot that once teams cut their rosters down that they decided to give it a few games to wait and see how their team is shaping up. Doubt too many teams want to now throw someone on waivers after a couple of games when they could have done so last week (and been less likely to lose the player in case its someone of note). Once you miss the boat on bringing in one of these guys for camp/the opener, what's the rush? Bring them in after 5 games when you see how your team is playing and where your need really are.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I thank whatever powers there be that we didn't bother. We didn't need the associated clown show, regardless of his value as a player.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think it's a low-risk shot-in-the-dark for $700k.

I just didnt want to see the Devils take that low-risk.

Flame Demers*

I bet if neither miss significant time this year, he will out point Tedenby.

someone save this message and lets see what happens.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I bet if neither miss significant time this year, he will out point Tedenby.

someone save this message and lets see what happens.

That won't be much of an accomplishment but I'm sure you could see some action on that here :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->