Speculation: Scott Glennie's Next Contract

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I think you gotta give him one more shot, probably a 1 or 2 year deal at most as a Show Me contract. He's actually played really well this year, just has to stay healthy

StarsFan06

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
I think you gotta give him one more shot, probably a 1 or 2 year deal at most as a Show Me contract. He's actually played really well this year, just has to stay healthy
I hope they give him some games in the NHL next year once Whitney and Fiddler have lefted.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Too much talent to pass on him when it seems he's finally playing well. Giving him a 2 way deal isn't going to hurt either the Texas Stars or Dallas Stars. Perhaps if he was a former 6th round draft pick they'd consider letting him go but he's not and they won't give up on him to he forces them to.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Wouldn't be shocked if they give him a Connauton/Benn contract, but in this case put him on waivers then hope the two one-way years scare people off.

Way too soon to give up on him, but it's pretty clear lately that Sceviour and McKenzie are passing him on the depth chart for bottom 6. Brett Ritchie probably as a scoring spot line up before him as well based on play.

My guess is he goes down, and then he's Dallas first AHL call up for injuries. Risk to waive him though. He's playing really well in the AHL. I think it's unlikely he'd clear with only a one year, two-way contract.

Maybe if they're concerned, he spends much of the year as Dallas' 13th forward.

jhr1986

Jul 2, 2012
DFWish
I don't expect to see him in Dallas next year. I do think both he and Mueller will be resigned, but honestly I don't think Glennie becomes the first injury callup, I think they would likely recall Mueller, Morin, McKenzie all before Glennie. If he makes it to the show, my guess would be for the 15/16 season after Cole and Horcoff are off the roster.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
They could go out and sign someone but I'm almost positive both Sceviour and McKenzie are on the roster to start next season. Sceviour has a oneway, will need to clear waivers and has nothing to prove in the AHL. McKenzie is 23 has 4 years of college experience, has dominated the AHL and can physically and mentally fill a 4th line role right now. Perhaps he can be more than a grinder in the NHL but he's the ideal option to fill Whitney's spot on the 4th line for cheap.

Glennie on the other hand is also 23 but has had huge injury issues and probably needs more time actually playing rather than rehabbing. If they trade a roster forward for a defenseman he could be an interesting option on the checking line with Garbutt and Roussel as he can still skate with both. Just don't be surprised if you see all three at various times next season and Ritchie as the 1st call up if a top six winger goes down.

Just from what I've heard the organization is higher on Glennie than most of the fanbase who sees him through the lens of who we could have drafted rather than the player he's become now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad