Rumor: Scott Arniel one of four remaining for Avs Head Coach

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm sure whoever replaces Arniel's PP duties would be instantly liked here, unlike Pearn, Sullivan and Arniel himself. (maybe it's not the coach)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure whoever replaces Arniel's PP duties would be instantly liked here, unlike Pearn, Sullivan and Arniel himself. (maybe it's not the coach)

The team has enough pieces to run the 1-3-1... a trade or two may help with that, but it should be manageable.

The Rangers need some creativity in a coach, and one that is more of an emotional leader that AV is not.

Basically a newer hire out of junior or college, that can learn the ropes, but brings some good success from the younger leagues.

Like fromer HFD Wolfpack and brief Ranger: Drew Bannister.

Guy's done some work in the OHL.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
The team has enough pieces to run the 1-3-1... a trade or two may help with that, but it should be manageable.

The Rangers need some creativity in a coach, and one that is more of an emotional leader that AV is not.

Basically a newer hire out of junior or college, that can learn the ropes, but brings some good success from the younger leagues.

Like fromer HFD Wolfpack and brief Ranger: Drew Bannister.

Guy's done some work in the OHL.

I'd lean toward Luke Richardson whi'd been AHL HC ladt few years if he wasnt former D man like AV and Beuk

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd lean toward Luke Richardson whi'd been AHL HC ladt few years if he wasnt former D man like AV and Beuk

Yeah and he's graduated a few players for OTT.

But I think they go with an offensive forward for that coaching spot, and perhaps name a Brian Leetch a special assistant that comes in and works with the skating defensemen.

Like a mentorship.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
not been granted an interview as in...the rangers didnt allow him to speak to them? or as in...the avs didnt have him in the running so hes not a candidate?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
not been granted an interview as in...the rangers didnt allow him to speak to them? or as in...the avs didnt have him in the running so hes not a candidate?

Hard to tell from the wording. Perhaps it's the same kind of scenario as when the Bruins wanted to interview Gorton for GM and Sather didn't grant them one.

That's what I imagine :dunno:

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Hard to tell from the wording. Perhaps it's the same kind of scenario as when the Bruins wanted to interview Gorton for GM and Sather didn't grant them one.

That's what I imagine :dunno:

I dont know anything about it, but it reads to me like he may have been on the list, but Avs arent taking next step with him
NYR cant offer him an interview with Avs, tho they could block one

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

most likely its the avs are smart and didn't want to talk to him...

normally teams can't block a coach from taking a job that would be a promotion, but need to grant permission if its a lateral move or lower

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Can't imagine the Rangers would block him from getting a head coaching gig...so going to think the Avs just didn't invite him for an interview.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->