Rumor: Scott Arniel one of four remaining for Avs Head Coach

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
As I said in the off-season thread: Take him, who cares. I still don't know why our PP struggles year after year after year. Is it that hard to watch another successful team set-up and just use their strategy?? Not like we haven't had talented personnel over the years...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
As I said in the off-season thread: Take him, who cares. I still don't know why our PP struggles year after year after year. Is it that hard to watch another successful team set-up and just use their strategy?? Not like we haven't had talented personnel over the years...

To me that is evidence of a constant lack of appropriate personnel on the PP rather than coaching.

We could have had a kid from high school running our PP when Jagr was here and it still would have been successful.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
To me that is evidence of a constant lack of appropriate personnel on the PP rather than coaching.

We could have had a kid from high school running our PP when Jagr was here and it still would have been successful.

At this point, easier to change the coach than find players who can run a PP without coaching. Arniel should be gone.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Who would the Rangers hire to replace Arniel? It's August 18th. Is Rick Bowness available? :):laugh:

The background on that

Stop coaching Pat and Buccigross had Bowness joining the Rangers to replace Ulf. Buccigross had it basically as a done deal.

Brooks reported the Rangers never spoke to Bowness.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Who would the Rangers hire to replace Arniel? It's August 18th. Is Rick Bowness available? :):laugh:

The background on that

Stop coaching Pat and Buccigross had Bowness joining the Rangers to replace Ulf. Buccigross had it basically as a done deal.

Brooks reported the Rangers never spoke to Bowness.

Didn't Bowness recently extend with the Bolts?

KreiderHouseRules*

So true.

Over the years I've blamed the players, the coaches, etc. And while we've had decent QB's like Richards and Yandle (who often started on the 2nd unit so that Dan Boyle could play on the 1st unit...), we haven't really had that bonafide PPQB (like a Karlsson, Keith, Doughty, etc) since Brian Leetch.

McDonagh should be able to do it but since 2013-2014, he's decided to incorporate HESITATION into his game for some reason instead of being the quick, decisive, pace-dictating player he seems capable of being.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Yes Please!!! Out with him. Would be a smart move.

The specialty teams prep was awful. Repetitive. Predictable. Easy to shut down.

Rangers can't execute a D to D to the PP without rolling into the umbrella. That play is three years old. Run over and over again.

This is a guy who didn't keep up with the craft. The 18 months of high level success got to him. Rested on his laurels.

Need a change.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Didn't Bowness recently extend with the Bolts?

Yes. It was reported Bowness was talking to the Rangers when Brooks reported the Rangers had no contact with Bowness. Buccigross reported the Rangers were hiring Bowness and a few hours later Bowness signed a new contract in TB.

IF Arniel leaves,it will be hard to replace him at this late date.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
avs weren't planning on roy quitting

Yeah that was a crappy move quitting this late in the summer. I know a lot of Avs fans are happy to see him gone but you quit after the season - not a month or two prior to training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad