Scoring Potential:Getzlaf v Fehr v Stewart v Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

st_roland

Which one of these prospects do you feel has the most scoring potential in terms of points? Which one do you think will most likely reach their potential?

Last edited by a moderator:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
st_roland said:
Which one of these prospect do you feel has the most scoring potential in terms of points? Which one do you think will most likely reach their potential?

Getzlaf- points
Fehr- goals

Hitman*

I'd put Fehr for goals, Richards for points, Stewart and Getzlaf with a healthy mix.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Mizral said:
For me, Getzlaf leads all offensive categories here by far and away. Then Fehr, then Richards, then Stewart.

I admire what he's done in 49 games in a league like the WHL, but he's playing with Ladd, he's older, and he's playing for a better team.

Getzlaf .57 gpg.

Fehr .70 gpg, w/4 in the playoffs.

and Fehr is younger.

:D

Last edited:

Harry

Mar 13, 2004
Victoria BC
Getzlaf for me. Great all around player. Fuhr could get more goals but Getz can do it all. Be interesting to watch his developement.

Hitman*

EroCaps said:
I admire what he's done in 49 games in a league like the WHL, but he's playing with Ladd, he's older, and he's playing for a better team.

The Wheat Kings are better than the Hitmen, and Fehr has the stronger supporting cast ala Christensen, Monych and Stone.

And if anything, Ladd is doing much better because he's playing with Getzlaf.

I'm glad Ryan is showing that it wasn't all because of Sjostrom though!

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Hitman said:
The Wheat Kings are better than the Hitmen, and Fehr has the stronger supporting cast ala Christensen, Monych and Stone.

And if anything, Ladd is doing much better because he's playing with Getzlaf.

I'm glad Ryan is showing that it wasn't all because of Sjostrom though!

Exactly, Hitman.

Last year all we heard was that Getzlaf was only good because of Sjostrom. Now Ladd? Sorry, I think Ladd and Getzlaf are both quite comparable, but I'd take Getzlaf in a heartbeat over Ladd, no question.

It's also not just stats in the CHL. Getzlaf goes to the net with authority. The guy loves being around the net. Not that Fehr doesn't, but he's a different type of player. Guys like Getzlaf tend to do pretty well in the NHL, and I believe he's got at least as good as a scoring touch as Fehr.

I do think Fehr is a lot better than some thought, but I'd take Getzlaf over him without a doubt.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Mizral said:
Exactly, Hitman.

Last year all we heard was that Getzlaf was only good because of Sjostrom. Now Ladd? Sorry, I think Ladd and Getzlaf are both quite comparable, but I'd take Getzlaf in a heartbeat over Ladd, no question.

It's also not just stats in the CHL. Getzlaf goes to the net with authority. The guy loves being around the net. Not that Fehr doesn't, but he's a different type of player. Guys like Getzlaf tend to do pretty well in the NHL, and I believe he's got at least as good as a scoring touch as Fehr.

I do think Fehr is a lot better than some thought, but I'd take Getzlaf over him without a doubt.

Fehr goes to the net with the best of them, wasn't it HF who compared his game favorably to Andreychuck's? Fehr is clutch as well. I suppose it's a matter of preference and circumstance, really.

With a seemingly overwhelming number of "playmaking centers" coming out of recent drafts, I'd take Fehr. I am only somewhat bias. ;)

Randall Graves*

I dunno who will be the best scorer but I do think Getzlaf will end up being the best all around player. I love his size, I love his physical play and I love his ability to play at both ends, I have seen a little bit of him and liked what I have seen between that and the scouting reports I think he's going to be a hell of a player a 50-70 point guy who could emerge into one of the games elite two way players.

with that said I also love Stewart because he's a powerforward they tend to be late bloomers but when they bloom they tend to be guys that are extremely valuable, I think he could be a Tomas Holmstrom type with more scoring ability...he's the exact type of guy you want parked in front of the net.

Mike Richards to me seems like Mike Ricci with a scoring touch I don't know if he'll ever end up being a really good scorer but at WORST in the NHL he is an extremely good defensive forward.

I haven't seen Fehr so I can't comment other then his stats are good so he will probably be a good player.

Getzlaf averaged 1.53 points per game when he played in the WHL this season that would have translated into 110 points which would have led the WHL had he played in all 72 games.

Scorers:
Getzlaf
Stewart
Fehr
Richards

All Around:
Getzlaf
Richards
Stewart
Fehr

Flame away

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Getzlad leads in goals and points. He has a great shot, and is great offensively. Fehr could potentially lead in goals, but I figure Getzlaf will instead, possibly being put on a line with Chistov(pure passer). Not sure who Fehr would play with, but I figure Chistov is a better passer than whoever is on Fehr's line(Semin, Laich, Dordon, Aulin, etc.). I don't know much about other team's prospects, though, so I could very well be wrong.

As for whoever said Ladd makes Getzlaf good, that's a load of crap. Getzlaf took enough of that last year with Sjostrom(I heard all summer from a Hitman/Flames fan that the only reason he got the numbers he got was because of Sjostrom). Like Hitman said, if anything, Getzlaf makes Ladd better.

Also, not sure if this means anything, but Getzlad and Stewart are alot more NHL-ready than the other two. Getzlaf wasn't signed due to uncertainty with the CBA, and so he can develop more. The same is likely for Stewart. Both should have great rookie years next season.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
ducksflytogether said:
Getzlad leads in goals and points. He has a great shot, and is great offensively. Fehr could potentially lead in goals, but I figure Getzlaf will instead, possibly being put on a line with Chistov(pure passer). Not sure who Fehr would play with, but I figure Chistov is a better passer than whoever is on Fehr's line(Semin, Laich, Dordon, Aulin, etc.). I don't know much about other team's prospects, though, so I could very well be wrong.

As for whoever said Ladd makes Getzlaf good, that's a load of crap. Getzlaf took enough of that last year with Sjostrom(I heard all summer from a Hitman/Flames fan that the only reason he got the numbers he got was because of Sjostrom). Like Hitman said, if anything, Getzlaf makes Ladd better.

Also, not sure if this means anything, but Getzlad and Stewart are alot more NHL-ready than the other two. Getzlaf wasn't signed due to uncertainty with the CBA, and so he can develop more. The same is likely for Stewart. Both should have great rookie years next season.

Fehr will be playing with Semin, Aulin, Fleischmann, and potentially Ovechkin or Malkin. Semin is a fantastic passer in his own right, so unless Chistov is otherwordly, it's about even.

st_roland

EroCaps said:
Fehr will be playing with Semin, Aulin, Fleischmann, and potentially Ovechkin or Malkin. Semin is a fantastic passer in his own right, so unless Chistov is otherwordly, it's about even.

I like the sound of a Semin-Malkin-Fehr line. mmm....Malkin. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad