News Article: Scoring Chances for BOS/PIT games

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey

I think that is kind of the point of this whole "GIVE BOSTON CREDIT" thing that gets Bruins fans all riled up and angry. We literally defeated ourselves. We hit a disgusting amount of posts, had penalties scored against us that weren't necessary while Boston got away with a hook that won them the game, etc., and even held the Boston power play unit to o shots in 4 minutes of power play in game 3. We had so many chances and didn't capitalize. I think though all of the Pens realize this and kind of how unreal it is and you can see everybody stepping up. We now have to create double the chances in order to score normally it seems.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
The problem begins and ends with game tactics. Our neutral zone play has been horrendous all season in terms of structure. We are we not doing cross corner dumps with two forcheckers? Why are we not doing D to D passing with a tighter forward gap?

In the Toronto series the Leafs changed it up and adjusted and virtually dominated the Bruins.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
The problem begins and ends with game tactics. Our neutral zone play has been horrendous all season in terms of structure. We are we not doing cross corner dumps with two forcheckers? Why are we not doing D to D passing with a tighter forward gap?

In the Toronto series the Leafs changed it up and adjusted and virtually dominated the Bruins.

Yeah, DB is still our coach so that answers your questions.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I see scoring chances and throw them out the window. The Pens made Rask play in game 3 and that's it. Other than that the B's collapse and the Pens fall right into it. Taking bad angle shots when no center lane support is there, rushing shots and basically letting the net become a vortex for shots.

We were talking about the Pens being one and done earlier today. Its almost mind numbing to see how many weak wristers the Pens put on net. That's where the "chances" come from.

The first problem is the Pens stretch passing into a trapping team. Then rushing shots against a collapsing defense. The B's give up the perimeter... use it to keep pucks in their zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad