Scoring 30+points in one Playoff season.

Dangler99*

Scoring 30 points imo opinion is harder now. Look at the goalies in the 70's and 80's. A lot of those shots don't go in now.

Derick*

I think Malkin should have won the Conn Smythe in 2009 but I actually think I am closer to agreeing with the people who thought Crosby should have won it than the people who thought Malkin should have won it.

I don't think you can just look at Malkin's five point lead and automatically give it to him. Crosby had the tougher defensive matchups, his linemates had much lower shooting percentages (i.e. he was very unlucky), and he was better defensively. Malkin also got more irrelavent points, if you watch the Youtube videos. You can't just take Malkin's points lead and hand it to him.

The reason I give it to Malkin, though, is the proportion of his points that came in the finals, i.e. against harder competition.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Scoring 30 points imo opinion is harder now. Look at the goalies in the 70's and 80's. A lot of those shots don't go in now.

Did you look at the list that arrbez posted? It was never done in the 1970s. And the reason is pretty simple - teams didn't have to play 4 full rounds to win the Cup!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad