Scoreboard Watching and Wild Card Dreams (Game Over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
John Maclean reallly, reallly does need to be let go. Analytically speaking, you can't tell me John can't see those numbers.
I don't even care if they keep him. Maybe there is something he's really good at that I don't appreciate from the outside. Entirely possible.
But it's pretty clear the PP should be taken away from him immediately. It's awful. Try something esle. Anything else.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Friday's informal poll:

Would you rather have a MacLean PP or a Playfair PK?

The MacLean PP, by a mile. At least with Scott Allen's PK and defensive scheme, we have a shot at lucking into a win with some shorthanded goals. Playfair's PK turned us into the least effective colander of all time.

Reactions: _Del_ and SniperHF

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
If we beat Winnipeg tomorrow night, there’s a chance they’d get 3rd in the central. A nice way to spite them after what they’ve done to us :)

Yeah. Two sidenotes from me, again:

Starting to think the Avs will go really far this year...

Pickard gets a go against the Jets, right? He really needs a win with the Yotes.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Was pretty salty about the avalanches win last night. Then I saw my uncle receiving Tyson Barrie’s jersey in the “Jerseys off our backs” ceremony. Haha, good stuff.

Reactions: RABBIT

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Montreal knocked out and no playoffs for Max Domi

upload_2019-4-5_22-1-23.jpeg

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Considering the major trades, if we had kept Domi, Strome, Perlini; do you think we still would have made it as far as we did if they're still on the team? I'm not sure we do.

Reactions: doaner

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The argument for keeping those guys wasn't based on performance in one year or under a coaching staff that was unable to utilize them...

Reactions: Matias Maccete

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Considering the major trades, if we had kept Domi, Strome, Perlini; do you think we still would have made it as far as we did if they're still on the team? I'm not sure we do.
Not likely, they just didn't work out in Az for whatever reason.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The argument for keeping those guys wasn't based on performance in one year or under a coaching staff that was unable to utilize them...

But if we'd kept them under a coaching staff that was unable to utilize them, that then necessitates a wholesale coaching staff change in order for them to flourish.

I think the lasting takeaway I get from these trades - and from Connor McDavid in Edmonton and Jack Eichel in Buffalo and etc. ad nauseum - is that it takes a team to win in the NHL. And even if one piece of that team - say, Max Domi - goes out and plays out of his mind and racks up stats like they're going out of style, that alone won't get a team where it needs to go. What I hope is that the gamble Chayka is taking on building a culture pays off next season.

Reactions: Name Nameless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->