Speculation: Scorching Hot Summer Takes (Screen-Melting Predictions and Opinions 2017)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think fans will be bummed his name is not pronounced Boooooey. Djooooooos has potential though.

Someone post something stupid so we can argue about it all day #dogdays

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think fans will be bummed his name is not pronounced Boooooey. Djooooooos has potential though.

Caps would've beaten the Pens AND maybe made the Finals if Grubauer had been playing.

GO

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Djoos is pronounced closer to "yuce" than it is "juice" (let alone anyone trying to put a hard D in there).

very aware of what I just types

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Orpik's fancy stats are pretty good, and his intangibles are awesome. He's the stabilizing force back there and can mentor the kids better than anyone. He's carried Carlson and Schmidt his last 2 fully healthy years. Caps should extend him at 6mx3yr now, to lock up their top 2 d-men for the next 4 years (him and Orlov)

Then they should extend Trotz same amount and time frame (4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years!!!)

That would ensure moar Orpik/Trotz, for the duration of the Ovy window!!:yo:

before everyone goes ballistic, read the last line of the post I was quoting

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Not really stupid but controversial maybe: The Capitals should sign Jagr if they can get him for cheap. I don't give a crap about his first tenure in DC.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Maybe we should just start a thread for ridiculous hot takes.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I got busy and haven't had time to belittle properly these nonsensical posts.

That all said, Grubauer was quite possibly our key to the cup - who knew. Tending play is huge and that cannot be said often enough. All the skaters largely met reasonable expectations. Barry even adjusted, vs Toronto to kill the high slot garbage deflections. And started matching D pairs vs TO's top dogs. A sign. What's left. Tending. We needed a game stolen to get by Pitt.

Jagr isn't the bad apple like he was in his time here, he just had his worst coach ever, and likely ours as well to have to deal with. He never had such problems in any other stops that I am aware of. He'd get whooped though.

Orpik IS a warrior a leader and should be named captain.

Write in Mark Johnson for president.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hotter Take: They should have let him be our head coach now, instead of waiting until December, with the players feeling the pressure to do the dirty deed.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hot Lava take: Tell it to the powers that be, who are lining him up to be our next coach regardless. It appears they have already decided in house change FTW.

Random - when I go to Kettler and sit in the front row with the tyke, Reirden often stares at me. I think I look like someone he knows.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Supernova: I have no more hot takes, but this offseason sucks.

At least we drafted D only to supplement the strongest part of our development pool further. A famed Hobey Baker winner and former hockey goon once said, you can never have enough defensemen.

He is still shaping our team - how ****ed up is that??

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wow. Not cool.

The Washington media influence when it comes to the football team is scary.

It was a simultaneous jab at both the NHL management and the NFL team's remaining management for dragging SM's illness into the forefront as an excuse to ouster him

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Large Hadron Collider's Take (that's 7.2 trillion degrees Fahrenheit for you amateurs): That's about how hot it is in DC for those out of towners

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->