Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Also, umm... are we done with the Din Djarin storyline? Is The Book of Boba Fett the third season of The Mandalorian? I can't imagine they're going to have two "competing" shows come out in December of '21 so it looks like it at least partially.

If that happens, it is Rampage Time, seriously. But I don't think it will - they have to resolve the dark saber situation, and go to Mandalore (eventually).

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Also, umm... are we done with the Din Djarin storyline? Is The Book of Boba Fett the third season of The Mandalorian? I can't imagine they're going to have two "competing" shows come out in December of '21 so it looks like it at least partially.
Theres no way they bail on Din now. They’ve been doing more character development, he just got the Dark Saber, and they set up a potential conflict between him and the other Mandalorians, so that’s surely going to be what the next season is about.

I’d bet anything it’s just a spin-off series.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I didn't even care so much about that. It's another one like Obi-Wan, where I can't see how it will be interesting, but we'll see.

A couple of quotes from another forum:

"The entire series was just fanservice. But enjoyable fanservice!"

"I think I'm probably jumping out at this point. The Mandalorian lore is boring and feels like fan fiction (even back when it was fan fiction) and this seems like a good ending. I can't believe they've just let Filoni shoehorn his entire gang into this thing though, kudos to him."

Saying that about the sequels, I can see it. Obviously - we all can. But saying this about Mando seems like horse shit to me. I think it's confirmation bias - they left the sequels having felt this and came into Mando expecting the worst (to protect themselves from disappointment). They see Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker - these I could maybe understand. But they see Ahsoka and Bo Katan and call it fan service, when what it really is is a continuation of the story created in Clone Wars and Rebels. It really bugs the shit out of me when people give such little thought to things.

I'm not sure I liked it being Luke there at the end. Have they not decided what they are doing with Ezra exactly? Or was it deliberate to get Baby Yoda in where Kylo Ren is f***ing around? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for sure. I can't say I ever needed any more of the sequel characters, but it would be fine. Either way, it was masterful storytelling, it really was. I didn't get my wish and have Cara Dune die, but hopefully she will f*** off out of the universe altogether so we don't have to see her in any of the new shows either.

Boba Fett is my favorite character of all time. So this is everything i've ever hoped for in life.

People just want to be insufferable and never be happy. Just turn your brain off for a little and just enjoy the ride as long is it isn't shitting down it's leg of everything we've seen before. As you said it continued their stories and that's not a bad thing.

I would say that Ezra will show up in Ahsoka's show where they're likely going to be going after Thrawn as the big baddy.

I actually enjoy the aspect of Grogu going with Luke. We know how Luke's school ends so there's still impending dread there for what happens to Grogu. If it was someone else it would be a blank canvas where more than likely everything is fine. Kylo Ren is also the only character that I had any care for in the sequels. I actually enjoyed his character. Adam Driver is also probably the best actor this franchise has ever had so if they can get more of him i'll be pretty happy.

You're probably going to see her in some other shows I hate to say. Very likely the one about the New Republic.

This entire season looking back on it certainly had a big Marvel feel to it. The brought in these characters for little bit parts in order to expand them in their own show and i'm completely here for it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I didn't even care so much about that. It's another one like Obi-Wan, where I can't see how it will be interesting, but we'll see.

"I think I'm probably jumping out at this point. The Mandalorian lore is boring and feels like fan fiction (even back when it was fan fiction) and this seems like a good ending. I can't believe they've just let Filoni shoehorn his entire gang into this thing though, kudos to him."

Saying that about the sequels, I can see it. Obviously - we all can. But saying this about Mando seems like horse shit to me. I think it's confirmation bias - they left the sequels having felt this and came into Mando expecting the worst (to protect themselves from disappointment). They see Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker - these I could maybe understand. But they see Ahsoka and Bo Katan and call it fan service, when what it really is is a continuation of the story created in Clone Wars and Rebels. It really bugs the shit out of me when people give such little thought to things.

I'm not sure I liked it being Luke there at the end. Have they not decided what they are doing with Ezra exactly? Or was it deliberate to get Baby Yoda in where Kylo Ren is f***ing around? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for sure. I can't say I ever needed any more of the sequel characters, but it would be fine. Either way, it was masterful storytelling, it really was. I didn't get my wish and have Cara Dune die, but hopefully she will f*** off out of the universe altogether so we don't have to see her in any of the new shows either.
Yeah, those quotes are nonsense. This isn’t just a show that relies on member berries. It’s a legitimate well thought out story that just happens to be set in the Star Wars universe and ties into other parts of the known world.

I thought the sequel movies were flaming hot garbage but I’m loving The Mandalorian. The way this episode ended is perfect, both for this season and Grogus story. Time to move on to other arcs.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If that happens, it is Rampage Time, seriously. But I don't think it will - they have to resolve the dark saber situation, and go to Mandalore (eventually).

Theres no way they bail on Din now. They’ve been doing more character development, he just got the Dark Saber, and they set up a potential conflict between him and the other Mandalorians, so that’s surely going to be what the next season is about.

I’d bet anything it’s just a spin-off series.

We shall see. Maybe Pedro Pascal has something this year so they're going to go a different direction for a season with Boba. I just can't envision Disney having a Mandalorian show and a Boba Fett show running simultaneously so I think it's fairly plausible.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We shall see. Maybe Pedro Pascal has something this year so they're going to go a different direction for a season with Boba. I just can't envision Disney having a Mandalorian show and a Boba Fett show running simultaneously.
Personally, I don’t see why not. It’s not like they’d be in competition for attention. One episode a week each, that can be streamed at any time, is extremely manageable for viewers. Plus they clearly don’t have a problem throwing out tons of Star Wars content. :laugh:

If it was going to be Boba taking over this show then I think they would’ve made that more obvious throughout the episode/season (like phasing him in and phasing Din out), instead of having it as a post-credit teaser, with a different name.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Boba Fett is my favorite character of all time. So this is everything i've ever hoped for in life.

People just want to be insufferable and never be happy. Just turn your brain off for a little and just enjoy the ride as long is it isn't shitting down it's leg of everything we've seen before. As you said it continued their stories and that's not a bad thing.

I would say that Ezra will show up in Ahsoka's show where they're likely going to be going after Thrawn as the big baddy.

I actually enjoy the aspect of Grogu going with Luke. We know how Luke's school ends so there's still impending dread there for what happens to Grogu. If it was someone else it would be a blank canvas where more than likely everything is fine. Kylo Ren is also the only character that I had any care for in the sequels. I actually enjoyed his character. Adam Driver is also probably the best actor this franchise has ever had so if they can get more of him i'll be pretty happy.

You're probably going to see her in some other shows I hate to say. Very likely the one about the New Republic.

This entire season looking back on it certainly had a big Marvel feel to it. The brought in these characters for little bit parts in order to expand them in their own show and i'm completely here for it.

Hopefully it will be recast. I can't stand to see her lumbering around, elbowing people in the armor stupidly and kicking three inches off the ground clumsily and meatily like f***ing Dwayne. If you are going to be in action scenes, stop lifting for five f***ing seconds so you can move without looking like a block of f***ing granite.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

You’re dead to me if you want that character to die.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Personally, I don’t see why not. It’s not like they’d be in competition for attention. One episode a week each, that can be streamed at any time, is extremely manageable for viewers. Plus they clearly don’t have a problem throwing out tons of Star Wars content. :laugh:

If it was going to be Boba taking over this show then I think they would’ve made that more obvious throughout the episode/season (like phasing him in and phasing Din out), instead of having it as a post-credit teaser, with a different name.

The casual watchers will be confused to hell. Hell, a large chunk of people thought this show was about Boba Fett originally because they looked the same. Who knows what will happen but I am preparing myself for Boba to be the main character next season and only get one season of content as opposed to two different shows.

Although The Book of Boba Fett could also just be a movie.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
F3109C1E-270B-424A-B565-89E6355D308F.jpeg
AE1E297D-C9C7-4561-AFA6-97D119CC3DE9.jpeg

Reactions: Flybynite

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Don't even really care that Luke looked like Eric Forman badly lip-synching Luke Skywalker's lines. Still geeked out over the scene. Probably would have chosen to use fake Luke less given the constraints of a TV budget - he could have said those lines with his hood up or the camera could have been behind him, only revealing his face at the end - but I'm more than willing to forgive the imperfections.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Don't even really care that Luke looked like Eric Forman badly lip-synching Luke Skywalker's lines. Still geeked out over the scene. Probably would have chosen to use fake Luke less given the constraints of a TV budget - he could have said those lines with his hood up or the camera could have been behind him, only revealing his face at the end - but I'm more than willing to forgive the imperfections.
I knew I wasn’t the only one!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The X-wing cruising in is an all-time great TV moment. How incredibly cool was that. I knew only one person would be showing up in that and I love that they had the balls to do it. Gideon also knew only one Jedi cruises around in a X-wing too, he was pooping himself. My main assumption was that Grogu would sit on his rock and connect with Ahsoka, in an awkward "oh shit this is actually my job" deal.

I think it's worth pointing out that there is Luke character development happening here that resolves some sequel issues too. He makes it clear he'll die to protect Grogu. He's presumably that serious about all his students, so failing them and surviving would have been a humongous blow. Makes his retreat to Waterworld more understandable.

I don't think Ezra shows up until Thrawn does.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
The X-wing cruising in is an all-time great TV moment. How incredibly cool was that. I knew only one person would be showing up in that and I love that they had the balls to do it. Gideon also knew only one Jedi cruises around in a X-wing too, he was pooping himself. My main assumption was that Grogu would sit on his rock and connect with Ahsoka, in an awkward "oh shit this is actually my job" deal.

I think it's worth pointing out that there is Luke character development happening here that resolves some sequel issues too. He makes it clear he'll die to protect Grogu. He's presumably that serious about all his students, so failing them and surviving would have been a humongous blow. Makes his retreat to Waterworld more understandable.

I don't think Ezra shows up until Thrawn does.

gonna suck when Grogu managed to escape being killed by Anakin Skywalker at the Jedi Temple with the younglings after Anakin went darkside only to be killed by Anakin's grandson at the new Jedi Temple after Ben went darkside...:sarcasm:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
gonna suck when Grogu managed to escape being killed by Anakin Skywalker at the Jedi Temple with the younglings after Anakin went darkside only to be killed by Anakin's grandson at the new Jedi Temple after Ben went darkside...:sarcasm:

It seemed to me like Grogu recognized R2. Who's gonna tell the little tike that Anakin was Vader? Presumably he didn't see Vader killing everything or he'd probably already be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad