Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Mando finale
they-did-it-1654bcf3e0.jpg

Best Luke Skywalker appearance since I was a kid watching ROTJ close to 4 decades ago at this point.

don't care how it was pulled off. #### uncanny. It was Luke.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The arrival of that X-Wing is one of the all-time great moments in all of Star Wars, because you knew what - if not who - was coming. Awesome. I'm completely nerding out right now and still digesting that whole thing. F***ing Favreau and Filoni, though, man. Awesome. I'm not even sure I approve of the choice, and I wasn't as convinced by the tech as I was with Tarkin in the earlier stuff, but that was epic.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I stayed up until 4 AM to watch the Mandalorian finale and make a YouTube video about it.
I'm exhausted, yet I regret nothing.

It hit all the right feels, had terrific battles, major character appearance, and setup a brand new show at the end.

Jon Favreau should be CEO of Disney at this point

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
How do I post a pic inside a spoiler? I don’t want to test it out and get it wrong

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
1E5C742D-A45F-45A0-92AC-643AFD879B09.jpeg

I can’t be the only one that saw him.

Great episode, all around. Thanks for the heads up about the after credit scene. Looks like that’s going to be a dark show, especially for Disney.

Reactions: Flyersfan1493

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That was everything the sequel trilogy should have been and that's coming from someone that doesn't even necessarily hate them. 10/10 will watch again three times tonight.

Also, THE GOD DAMN BOOK OF BOBA FETT.

It's beautiful.
EphAnbBW4AM50Dm

I didn't even care so much about that. It's another one like Obi-Wan, where I can't see how it will be interesting, but we'll see.

A couple of quotes from another forum:

"The entire series was just fanservice. But enjoyable fanservice!"

"I think I'm probably jumping out at this point. The Mandalorian lore is boring and feels like fan fiction (even back when it was fan fiction) and this seems like a good ending. I can't believe they've just let Filoni shoehorn his entire gang into this thing though, kudos to him."

Saying that about the sequels, I can see it. Obviously - we all can. But saying this about Mando seems like horse shit to me. I think it's confirmation bias - they left the sequels having felt this and came into Mando expecting the worst (to protect themselves from disappointment). They see Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker - these I could maybe understand. But they see Ahsoka and Bo Katan and call it fan service, when what it really is is a continuation of the story created in Clone Wars and Rebels. It really bugs the shit out of me when people give such little thought to things.

I'm not sure I liked it being Luke there at the end. Have they not decided what they are doing with Ezra exactly? Or was it deliberate to get Baby Yoda in where Kylo Ren is f***ing around? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for sure. I can't say I ever needed any more of the sequel characters, but it would be fine. Either way, it was masterful storytelling, it really was. I didn't get my wish and have Cara Dune die, but hopefully she will f*** off out of the universe altogether so we don't have to see her in any of the new shows either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad