Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I never thought I would love fanservice calling back to Attack of the Clone, but here we are. The seismic charge was dope as hell.

Also, how are my Rhythm of War people doing? I forget who all was reading it, but have none of you f***ers finished it yet?

Just a reminder that anyone answering this better put that shit in a spoiler and not f*** around.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I also audibly lol’d when Boba said “they might recognize my face.” I still feel like the cloning aspect is going to come up at some point since that’s what they’re seemingly trying to do with Snoke/Palpatine.

I actually really enjoyed this episode. It had a good bit of character development, humanized stormtroopers, and I loved the Mayfield/Officer scene.

I already mentioned it but after Boba came back last episode I told my wife all I need is a seismic charge from Slave I. Once those TIE Fighters started chasing him... oh boy. I was giddy as all hell that it was coming.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Could be that both are featured but neither are in the same place at the same time.

Like Vader has his own scenes where he's hunting Ob-Wan down and giving orders, but he (obviously) never successfully catches him.

Even if that's how it works out, which I think may be likely, how is this going to work exactly? Vader isn't Anakin anymore, i.e. he's not Hayden Christensen, he's James Earl Jones. Is Christensen going to be masked the entire time (the oddity of an actor playing a character who can't show his face continues, but this time even his voice can't be heard! He's a glorified puppet!) or will we see him sans mask but severely deformed? Is Jones going to do any voice-over work for the show? He's 89! Perhaps Christensen is going to be a lightly featured background antagonist with just the occasional scene a la Moff Gideon? Lots of questions.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Even if that's how it works out, which I think may be likely, how is this going to work exactly? Vader isn't Anakin anymore, i.e. he's not Hayden Christensen, he's James Earl Jones. Is Christensen going to be masked the entire time (the oddity of an actor playing a character who can't show his face continues, but this time even his voice can't be heard! He's a glorified puppet!) or will we see him sans mask but severely deformed? Is Jones going to do any voice-over work for the show? He's 89! Perhaps Christensen is going to be a lightly featured background antagonist with just the occasional scene a la Moff Gideon? Lots of questions.
Very good questions. If I had to guess, they might have scenes where he in one of those pod chamber thingys where he’s able to take off his mask. After 10 years he’s surely healed enough to do so, like he did in the original trilogy, and I’d guess they’ll just slap some scars and grey paint on him like they did on the guy at the end of ROTJ.

I assume it’s 99% gimmick just to be able to say he’s back, but that’s the only thing I can imagine making any sense.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I also audibly lol’d when Boba said “they might recognize my face.” I still feel like the cloning aspect is going to come up at some point since that’s what they’re seemingly trying to do with Snoke/Palpatine.

I actually really enjoyed this episode. It had a good bit of character development, humanized stormtroopers, and I loved the Mayfield/Officer scene.

I already mentioned it but after Boba came back last episode I told my wife all I need is a seismic charge from Slave I. Once those TIE Fighters started chasing him... oh boy. I was giddy as all hell that it was coming.

That seismic charge gave me a heck of a nerd boner. So cool!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Kathleen Kennedy said the other day the Obi-Wan series will have “the rematch of the century” between Vader and Obi-Wan.

Womp womp from a continued story point of view but from a entertainment point of view I’ll allow it.

But I didn't really enjoy the first match! And there was a rematch already!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Kathleen Kennedy said the other day the Obi-Wan series will have “the rematch of the century” between Vader and Obi-Wan.

Womp womp from a continued story point of view but from a entertainment point of view I’ll allow it.
Ugh...

But I didn't really enjoy the first match! And there was a rematch already!
625.gif

It might be worth it just for the memes.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

I get from a notoriety stand-point you have characters like Obi-Wan and Vader... but from an actual story to generate tense moments... We know what happens. We know Obi-Wan shows up in New Hope and he's not missing any limbs.

I am far more interested in the stories told about new/unused characters during most of the OTHER series/movies in that Disney presentation because we don't know what will happen to them. The characters on Mando don't have their future written in stone, Ahsoka, Bad Batch, etc... They're all open to whatever creative direction is used on the shows.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I get from a notoriety stand-point you have characters like Obi-Wan and Vader... but from an actual story to generate tense moments... We know what happens. We know Obi-Wan shows up in New Hope and he's not missing any limbs.

I am far more interested in the stories told about new/unused characters during most of the OTHER series/movies in that Disney presentation because we don't know what will happen to them. The characters on Mando don't have their future written in stone, Ahsoka, Bad Batch, etc... They're all open to whatever creative direction is used on the shows.

Yep. Throughout "Clone Wars" and "Rebels" we didn't know what Ahsoka's fate was - I love that character, so her jeopardy kept me in suspense, and will moving forward. Even though we know his fate, Diego Luna is such a super charismatic actor that "Andor" could be a really good watch. Most of the others have a lot of room for new and interesting characters, or at least better than the shlock in the sequels.

I just hope they can find something interesting for Obi-Wan to do - I can't see it, but I'm willing to try. Hopefully they finish a few of these quickly so we have more content and have an idea of where we're going overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad