Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So I guess we're not getting the rumored Boba Fett spin off?

I'm guessing he dies in some heroic fashion and Din takes over Slave I.
I said the exact same thing after
the Razor Crest got bopped. Boba Fett is going to die helping get Grogu back from Moff Gideon. Most likely holding back those crazy black droids while Din escapes in Slave 1 and he'll keep it going forward. Although, admittedly, I grew attached to the Razor Crest and was sad to see it blow up. Felt more attached to that ship than any characters in the sequel movies.

Mod: added Spoiler tags to quoted text.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Disney can do whatever they want as long as they continue to line my pockets.

We'll see if they're overshooting here with these announcements, but I kind of doubt it.

One way to look at it is the franchise making up for lost time. It sat dormant for far too long in the 80s and 90s. Disney is shit, but as long as they stay out of the way of the creatives, it could be good.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
more Indy's isn't the issue...the issue is they are going in the wrong direction...do a soft reboot of the series..new Indy and go back past Raiders
Exactly. Change to the SW franchise now. That is why SW episodes 7-9 were crap, because there was nowhere to go, which I predicted in the Entertainment Forum before they started writing Episode 7. They could have been great.

Reactions: trostol

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Could be that both are featured but neither are in the same place at the same time.

Like Vader has his own scenes where he's hunting Ob-Wan down and giving orders, but he (obviously) never successfully catches him.
So basically the Fugitive set in a galaxy far, far, away?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Meh. These kinds of episodes are fine, but when you have seasons of eight episodes, and each one is 30-40 minutes ... meh. It didn't move the story along.

Cara Dune needs to stop f***ing punching and elbowing dudes in the head when the dudes are wearing armor - it's just stupid. The first key to enjoying anything is the suspension of your disbelief - you have to believe that what you are watching is really happening. When they do something that sloppy it breaks the suspension of your disbelief. The armor punching is a Marvel staple, and one of the reasons those films aren't entirely successful. Minor but important point.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
wonder_woman_1984.png

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
more Indy's isn't the issue...the issue is they are going in the wrong direction...do a soft reboot of the series..new Indy and go back past Raiders
There’s no need for a new Indy. Let the franchise rest the way it is. They had their chance with Shia and never ran with it. They could have left Indy behind and kept up the mythos of the series or even took it in another direction

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
THAT SEISMIC CHARGE DOEEEEEE. Also, dat Mando message at the enddddd.
I never thought I would love fanservice calling back to Attack of the Clone, but here we are. The seismic charge was dope as hell.

Also, how are my Rhythm of War people doing? I forget who all was reading it, but have none of you f***ers finished it yet?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
So was it an error last episode in saying that Burr was a tracker, and they only needed him because he knew imperial protocols and that he could find Moff

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Meh. These kinds of episodes are fine, but when you have seasons of eight episodes, and each one is 30-40 minutes ... meh. It didn't move the story along.

Cara Dune needs to stop f***ing punching and elbowing dudes in the head when the dudes are wearing armor - it's just stupid. The first key to enjoying anything is the suspension of your disbelief - you have to believe that what you are watching is really happening. When they do something that sloppy it breaks the suspension of your disbelief. The armor punching is a Marvel staple, and one of the reasons those films aren't entirely successful. Minor but important point.

I don't think I can agree that it didn't move the story along.

I think this episode moved forward two pretty big things:
1) making progress in finding Grogu because as soon as he was taken and the ship left the first thing I thought was "how the hell are they going to find that ship"
and
2) character development by showing that Mando is now willing to take off his helmet. It showed he's really that determined to protect the kid, even at the expense of doing something he was previously willing to die to prevent, and/or that what Bo-Katan said about the whole "can't take off your helmet" stuff being an extremist idea changed his mind. Either way, this is something he wouldn't have done in the first season.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I never thought I would love fanservice calling back to Attack of the Clone, but here we are. The seismic charge was dope as hell.
Also, how are my Rhythm of War people doing? I forget who all was reading it, but have none of you f***ers finished it yet?
The only cool Sci-Fi and Fantasy fans are readers who read Dune and LotR before Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope came out in 1977.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad