Schwarz or Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

outKast*

THAT'S NO CONTEST. Imagine the distance from the Earth to the Andromeda Galaxy in centimeters. Take that number and raise it exponentially by the same number. That's how big the margin is. MA Fleury by an enormous margin.

outKast*

MA Fleury is said to be the best goalie that's ever come out of the QMJHL. (And that's includin Roy the best goaltended of all time) Again no contest. This is going to be so very very lopsided it hurts.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
its real early to be making any kind of statements based on players who have very little NHL experience and are under the age of 20... fleury is said to have amazing skill, and could be the next patrick roy, while schwarz is also said to have amazing skill, and could be the next dominik hasek... u cant really lose by having either one of them..... people say fleury cuz he is the conventional chioce after being picked #1 overall in a deeply talented draft, and i tend to agree, but until we see fleury and schwarz on the same playing field (schwarz will be in the CHL next year, maybe his stats can be better compaired to fleury's when he was with CB) theres no right or wrong answer if ya ask me...

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
I gotta go with the Quebec Goaltending Factory and say Fleury...

Schwarz has amazing potential as well... I'd like to see a showdown with him and Lehtinen...

I have heard many a good things about Scwarz (the Hasek comparison by far the most flattering)...

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Fleury by a mile..

very best elite future
Lehtonen, Fleury, Rask (undrafted) (in random order)

*big gap*

Toivonen, Ahonen, Schwartz, Montoya etc (in random order)

degroat*

Even if Schwarz was the better goaltender (and I'm not saying he is at all), he wouldn't be getting picked by most simply because he was picked 17th in a 'weak' draft and Fleury was a top pick in a strong draft.

That said... I'm plenty happy to have the guy who is even being matched against Fleury even if 99% of the people pick Fleury.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Jungle Boy said:
how do you compare Rask to Lehtonen?

It is difficult to say at this point, not having seen Rask play much at all. I have however, seen Lehtonen in the AHL and this kid is nothing short of spectacular. He will win the starting job in Atlanta this season (provided there is one) and will most definitely be in the running for the Calder. From what I have heard Rask is very mobile, great at covering the angles and very flexible. Having said that though, I guess to be an elite goaltending prospect you would have to have all of those things wouldn't you? If anyone has any links to info on Rask let me know. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->