schwarz and/or meszaros to the vancouver giants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
i see that both guys were drafted by the giants in their euro draft, i also read on schwarz czech profile, that he's likely heading to the WHL to play for the giants.... can anyone with more knowledge of the team or knowledge of the situation fill me in here...

thanx in advance

X-SHARKIE

Go to the Canadian Junior boards, were you can find a thread called the CHL draft.

Ignore the last few posts because it's mostly arguaments.

But it looks like it's 100% that both Meszaros and Schwarz are coming over.

News Papers articles, interviews, and even European media has made it sound clear that both are coming over.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
can you or anyone else gimme an idea about meszaros? stats from euro dman are kind of misleading, u dont know if you're looking at a stay at home guy, or a player who wasnt asked to score.... what should one expect from meszaros or even smid, if they were playing in a league such as the WHL?

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Meszaros is a offensive D who was in the All-Star Team in the Slovak League. He is good, skates well and has a good shot. He almost scored a goal at the WC's (he hit the bar) and he passes well. He doesnt hit like the best but he has good stick work and can hit when needed, but doesnt hit often. He surely isnt a stay-at-home D.

X-SHARKIE

fedorov_jr said:
can you or anyone else gimme an idea about meszaros? stats from euro dman are kind of misleading, u dont know if you're looking at a stay at home guy, or a player who wasnt asked to score.... what should one expect from meszaros or even smid, if they were playing in a league such as the WHL?

I've been a big fan of Meszaros before the draft and still am even with his fall.
The only reason I can see Smid taken ahead of him was just because Smid ooozes more natural talent, Smid is a great great skater and has some sick hands. Overall though I would take Meszaros over him. I would also take Andrej over Valabik.

Anywho, here are my thoughts on Meszaros whom I saw at the WJC's and at the Worlds, plus I saw him when he was on the U-18 and U-17 squads for Slovakia.

Overall, I think Meszaros is going to put up some good numbers in the WHL. He loves to play an offensive role, but he's not over the top and well be a force in his own zone first and foremost, but his offensive game is quite impressive. He's got solid size, I think the 6-3 200 pound listings though is to generous. His skating is all around good. He never seems like he's going full throttle though, he seems to pace him self when he's skating. Meszaros biggest asset is the way he thinks the game. A very very smart defensman, always making a smart and safe play coming out of the zone, great vision and a great outlet pass, excelent transition game. He's also one of the better players on the point and powerplay.
He'll be a great contributor for the Giants.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
One thing I saw though at the WC's, under pressure he made some bad outlet passes (once he passed on the stick of Ovechkin in the def. zone and he went alone, he didnt score thankfully) and can make mistakes when put under pressure.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
fedorov_jr said:
i see that both guys were drafted by the giants in their euro draft, i also read on schwarz czech profile, that he's likely heading to the WHL to play for the giants.... can anyone with more knowledge of the team or knowledge of the situation fill me in here...

thanx in advance
As a Blues fan I think that would be great, get him used to the North American game quicker. :yo: :yo:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Could Meszaros put up stats like Ramholt did in Cape Breton this year? That would seem reasonable to me, especially considering how great that team should be.

And Fed_Jr, Nice Avatar ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad