Confirmed with Link: Schwartz signs .. finally (5 x 5.5M)

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
A bit pricy but the fit is great. What a deep team upfront.

No bad contracts.

cap room.

Great start to a franchise.

Schwartz will wear a letter for sure.

Reactions: andys

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Was hoping for 4 years, but what can you expect with the money being thrown around today. Great guy, great teammate, and if he can stay healthy it's a good signing. Potentially, could be the captain as he brings a lot of hard work and professionalism.

Reactions: andys

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Was hoping for 4 years, but what can you expect with the money being thrown around today. Great guy, great teammate, and if he can stay healthy it's a good signing. Potentially, could be the captain as he brings a lot of hard work and professionalism.
His injury is the biggest concern to me. But I really like how pretty much all the signings we have are 6M AAV or less and also the term is 6 years or less.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If healthy its a good deal, 20 goal minimum is what to expect. LW is bare so even if he falls off towards the end of the deal he can easily drop down the lineup, be useful and not get in any prospects way. Think your forward group is coming along nicely.

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
hopefully he stays off the injured list but the only signing i really like so far. slight overpay to me on wenneberg and hopefully they get more than two 2nds for vanecek.

BeniersIsKraken

2022-23 Adopted Kraken: Matty Beniers
Jul 24, 2021
hopefully he stays off the injured list but the only signing i really like so far. slight overpay to me on wenneberg and hopefully they get more than two 2nds for vanecek.

What do you not like about the Grubauer signing?

BeniersIsKraken

2022-23 Adopted Kraken: Matty Beniers
Jul 24, 2021
I'm honestly a Daccord fan and was really hoping the kid would get a better shot. I have no problem with Grubs in general just not where i thought they were headed in signings.

That’s fair, everyone has their own personal draws to certain players. From an objective lens, Grubauer was a Vezina finalist with Vasi and Fleury last year and considered the third best FA available. The AAV isn’t an overpay by any means and he could instantly become our best player, so I don’t see a ton of drawbacks with the signing.

That said, this is the Schwartz thread so I’ll just leave it at that.

MattMan

May 31, 2021
I honestly don't know much about Schwartz as a guy, but he's productive and a definite top 6 forward. Hard to dislike the deal too much. Just need to add some centre depth.

We can also now make all of the Space Balls references

Reactions: StarterHart

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
I honestly don't know much about Schwartz as a guy, but he's productive and a definite top 6 forward. Hard to dislike the deal too much. Just need to add some centre depth.

We can also now make all of the Space Balls references

tenor.gif

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
If healthy its a good deal, 20 goal minimum is what to expect. LW is bare so even if he falls off towards the end of the deal he can easily drop down the lineup, be useful and not get in any prospects way. Think your forward group is coming along nicely.
Schwartz will score 30 for Seattle Kraken and Wennberg and Eberle will be the linemates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->