Schwartz or Montoya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
So guys, who's better? I always thought from these boards that you guys preferred Schwartz, no doubt. But over on tsn.ca, they have Montoya ahead of Schwartz in the mock draft plus about 70% voted for Montoya on a poll a the site, asking which of the two is better.

So now I ask you.

Hossafan018

Jun 16, 2004
Schwarz is the man. I like his style more than Montoya.

Apparently, Montoya thrives from playing the puck; good luck to him when the rules are changed.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
schwarz has the tools to be better than montoya, but montoya is a safer pick because of his mental toughness.

so i guess a team that wants to draft a goalie has to decide if it wants the risky or the safe way.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
King Henry I said:
Montoya is a big game goalie. 4 notable big game goalies in the NHL today are Martin Brodeur, J.S. Giguere, Mikka Kipprusoff and Nik Khabibulin (the last 4 goalies to play in a stanley cup.) Definately him.

so montoya is already like brodeur and others? that's what you said.

and just because giguere and kiprusoff had one good season, they're among the best? hmm...can't agree here.

montoya has the mental strength to become a good one, not more, not less.

Pensaholic

Jun 8, 2004
Montreal
At times Schwarz looked like he was playing by himself and keeping the Czech's alive in the tournament. He was making all kinds of incredible saves. Thats not saying Montoya will suck. He will probably be up there too. Montoya might develop to be a better NHL goalie in time. Who knows?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hossafan018 said:
Schwarz is the man. I like his style more than Montoya.
I certainly agree. However, it's hard to argue with Montoya's results.

KH1

zecke26 said:
so montoya is already like brodeur and others? that's what you said.

and just because giguere and kiprusoff had one good season, they're among the best? hmm...can't agree here.

montoya has the mental strength to become a good one, not more, not less.
No, I didn't say that he is already like Brodeur and others. I said that players with a tendancy to really show up in big games and take a team on their shoulders tend to have great success in the league, as evidenced by those goalies.

No, I never said that Giguere and Kipper are among the best. I said that they are notable big game goalies. Their among the first few names you think of because of their huge playoff preformances.

sparkplug

Apr 30, 2004
Vancouver BC
meh I don't see how Giguere and Kipper qualify as notable big game goalies due to two successful playoffs... especially when Kipper was painfully mediocre in the last two games of the Stanley Cup finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->