Injury Report: Schultz (upper body) and Colaiacovo (upper body)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That should help our draft position. Lauridsen is this close to being out of the org probably. Interested to see if Manning can show anything

I think both of them are pretty much done past this year given that they aren't under contract while Hagg & Morin should pass both of them on the depth at both levels next year. Hagg probably would have gotten the call if he wasn't 19 & didn't have anything invested in him going forward.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The all-star break would have been a good occasion for Hextall to trade away a couple of D for picks. But they are all injured now.... :help:

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
I think both of them are pretty much done past this year given that they aren't under contract while Hagg & Morin should pass both of them on the depth at both levels next year. Hagg probably would have gotten the call if he wasn't 19 & didn't have anything invested in him going forward.

you still need your AHL vets, and I think Manning could fill a Slaney like role down the road for the Phantoms

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
you still need your AHL vets, and I think Manning could fill a Slaney like role down the road for the Phantoms

Well he may get squeezed out of a prominent role down there if nobody makes the Flyers with Gostisbehere, Alt, Morin, & Hagg occupying the top 4.

The guy might see the writing on the wall & look elsewhere.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He took a big hit in the corner from Martin late in the game. I believe Jackson or somebody made mention how he was shaken up.

That's what happens when you become a soft team. You're defensemen get run over night in night out without fear of retribution from the other team.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Is Martin some kind of wimp who will stop aggressively forechecking as soon as someone fights him?

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
**** it. Bring up Stortini.

What the hell, why were the 3 forecheckers up on the play there?! This video looks like a "how to" on how not to play hockey (from the Flyers perspective). :laugh:

But back on topic... It has fully sunk in for me that MDZ is now our #2 defensemen. 2010, when the Flyers top 4 were absolutely my favorite part of the team, seems like such a long time ago. I miss those days.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
I also just never want to see Lauridsen in a Flyers jersey ever again. He's declined to the point where's he not even an average AHL defenseman.

You should really follow hockey, just a little bit.

Lauridsen is +13 for the last 13 games in the AHL. That puts your statement a little bit in jeopardy.

He might not be your favourite, and might not be a good NHL player, but he obviously does well enough to be a good AHL defender AT HIS POINT.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You should really follow hockey, just a little bit.

Lauridsen is +13 for the last 13 games in the AHL. That puts your statement a little bit in jeopardy.

He might not be your favourite, and might not be a good NHL player, but he obviously does well enough to be a good AHL defender AT HIS POINT.

He's really not that good at the AHL level. He's been easily passed up by players 3-5 years younger than him with basically no experience coming in. He'll likely be in some second tier crumb league in Europe next year.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
He's really not that good at the AHL level. He's been easily passed up by players 3-5 years younger than him with basically no experience coming in. He'll likely be in some second tier crumb league in Europe next year.

You are right - that explains his +13 for the past 13 games. By far the best on the team.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You are right - that explains his +13 for the past 13 games. By far the best on the team.

If you're going to scoreboard watch can you at least use a more prevalent stat than +/-?

Lauridsen basically plays in the #4-5 role for the Phantoms right now with injuries. He doesn't go against top competition nor does he play a boatload of minutes a night so of course his +/- is going to look good.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He might only play 10 minutes for the Flyers all season and will likely be in Europe next season as LoD91 has said many times. He's not worth worrying about.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
Dude, +/-? +/- means **** without context. Do you remember when Andrej Meszaros was a +30?

Yeah I'm sure you are right. He is so bad, that he is now being recalled to NHL by guys knowing a lot less about hockey than you. Riiiiight. Sail with it. I'm out.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah I'm sure you are right. He is so bad, that he is now being recalled to NHL by guys knowing a lot less about hockey than you. Riiiiight. Sail with it. I'm out.

He's only getting called up because two players above him on the depth chart are currently injured in Shayne Gostisbehere & Mark Alt.

The only other choice left is a 19 year old rookie in Robert Hagg who was a second round pick in 2013. He didn't get the call up because he's still green in regards to being NHL ready & Hextall doesn't want to expose him to the dumpster fire that is the Flyers right now because unlike Lauridsen they actually have something past this year invested in him.

Hagg's also got contract stipulations that if he plays more than 9 games this year his contract won't slide & takes a year off his ELC. Hextall very well could be saving those games towards the end of the year for a little test run to see what they got heading into next year. Hagg will be more experienced by then & the games for sure won't mean jack **** to Hextall & the team.

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Dude. Manning's coming up, too. Alt & Ghost are out. Hextall doesn't want to bring Hagg up until he's ready. Ditto Pettersson. And then there are a couple of ECHLers on loan to the Phantoms due to the injuries and Lauridsen had sure as hell better get the call up over those guys. The other guy down there is Delisle, who is a mediocre AHL dman at best.

So, Lauridsen got the call-up over two ECHLers, two AHL rookies the organization has longterm plans for, and Stephen Delisle. It isn't like Hextall had a helluva lot of choice here.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Wolfy reincarnated here.

Good call-up choices because it doesn't really matter if we win or not, sadly. That and there's not many viable choices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad