schremp's attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omniscient Gadfly

Apr 6, 2003
Visit site
schremp continues to light the lamp, posting a hat-trick last nite vs. plymouth.

as i've been tuning into the 'knight watch' like most prospect watchers are, i just can't help but wonder when schemp's alleged attitude problems will impact the team negatively.

check this link from the london local paper reporting on last nite's game. for a junior hockey player, schremp articulates himself well, and appears the consumate team player.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Sports/2004/11/27/736163.html

even earlier this year, when asked about his benching in last year's playoffs and exclusion from the wjc, he wasn't bitter. he was accepting of the decisions made, and has used that as motivation for this season. f-bombs in the pre-draft interview aside, i really don't see this where problem child gospel on #44 originated.

remember eric lindros? lindros was berated in the press - both for stunts in junior and the quebec draft debaucle - and as it turned out, he eventually became regarded as a clutch player and team leader in his prime.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Omniscient Gadfly said:
schremp continues to light the lamp, posting a hat-trick last nite vs. plymouth.

as i've been tuning into the 'knight watch' like most prospect watchers are, i just can't help but wonder when schemp's alleged attitude problems will impact the team negatively.

check this link from the london local paper reporting on last nite's game. for a junior hockey player, schremp articulates himself well, and appears the consumate team player.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Sports/2004/11/27/736163.html

even earlier this year, when asked about his benching in last year's playoffs and exclusion from the wjc, he wasn't bitter. he was accepting of the decisions made, and has used that as motivation for this season. f-bombs in the pre-draft interview aside, i really don't see this where problem child gospel on #44 originated.

remember eric lindros? lindros was berated in the press - both for stunts in junior and the quebec draft debaucle - and as it turned out, he eventually became regarded as a clutch player and team leader in his prime.

Schremp isn't going to be a Lindross. Although i think his attitude problems are way over proportioned. Edmonton were lucky to pick him up at #25. He is young and has plenty of time to alter his supposed attitude problems.

IkeaMonkey*

J17ster said:
Schremp isn't going to be a Lindross. Although i think his attitude problems are way over proportioned. Edmonton were lucky to pick him up at #25. He is young and has plenty of time to alter his supposed attitude problems.

Agreed. Lindros was THE player to be picked at the top spot his draft year. No arguments from anyone. Schremp never had that or Eric's overall skill package.

Omniscient Gadfly

Apr 6, 2003
Visit site
im not putting schremp in the same category as lindros in terms of skill...

i'm just pointing out that the media/scouts have been all over schremp because they perceive him as a selfish/attitude type character.

the same was said of lindros. as a result of TWO events:
1. he was drafted 1st overall in the ohl draft by the soo, but refused to play. he was eventually traded and he was criticised for not playing for the team he was drafted by.
2. he was drafted 1st overall in the nhl entry draft by quebec, only to refuse to play for them, forcing a trade to philly.

lindros was a top prospect - who had yet to play an nhl game - and was criticised for being arrogant about his skills, and generally selfish about his team concept. in the end, this synopsis was far from the truth. in his prime, lindros was a revered nhl team leader & was named CAPTAIN of team canada no less.

bottom line. the same things said about lindros are being said about schremp. it might just be that the attitude issues are overstated, and that schremp's issues really reside with his immense desire to make the nhl.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I was at last nights game and all I can say is WOW :eek:

Schremp has one of the best shots from any prospect. I've seen him play 6 times this year and has 2 hat tricks, 2-2 goal games and 1 in the other for 11 in 6.... I've seen him score some highlight reel goals.

I've been reading his articles in the London Free Press for the past year and a half and don't see how he has an attitude problem.. He's said all the right things and doesn't seem selfish at all. He's always talking up his teamates and has a teamfirst attitude. I know he is a bit cocky but he has the skills to back it up.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
I like to think of myself as being relatively well-connected with the Knights organization and I have never heard a peep out of anyone about any "attitude problems" from Robbie. I admit I didn't want him to come to London at first but he's never done anything except impress me. Even his demanded trade away from Mississauga was (if my info is correct) a dispute about education between his parents and the team, and nothing to do with any on-ice stuff.

adamolsen

Aug 6, 2004
schremp and lindros

Hopefully Robbie Schremp is not going to be a concussion riddled mistake. Schremp has all sorts of upsides and his ability to play a role in London is a nice compliment to his ability to score goals. He plays in all sorts of line combinations and does not have the best players on his line every time he goes over the boards. Like a couple of other guys on that team he is out there sometimes with fighters and grinders

J17ster said:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
sec17 said:
Even his demanded trade away from Mississauga was (if my info is correct) a dispute about education between his parents and the team, and nothing to do with any on-ice stuff.

Eric's parents were still demanding trades ten years after he was drafted. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->