Schremp or Marc Antoine Pouliot???

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Bryanbryoil, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil English is Overrated, I Score Goals

Just wondering as an Oiler fan which of these players the prospect board sees as the better prospect. And who would you rather have on your team??? I didn't see a poll option, so if at all possible, please tell me who and why. Thanks, Bryan

2. Bryanbryoil

Come on guys, no one wants to tackle this comparison???

3. Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout Registered User

Robbie Schremp - if he reaches his upside, he will be an elite 1st line centre. He was always a cut above the rest even as a kid, and just give him time, and he will be the centreman that the Oilers are lacking. He just has so many tools, and if he keeps using them, there's no stopping him.

4. Schremp has more skill but there is always question marks about him? Right now I would take Schremp

5. kingpest19

kingpest19 Registered User

It goes back to his requesting to be traded from mississaugua then having problems with the staff last year in london. Everything out of london this year has been nothing but positive on him, yet people tend to shy away from that and focus on the negative

6. not quite yoda

not quite yoda Registered User

Home Page:
    From a skill standpoint, Schremp's cieling is Joe Sakic. Pouliot is many cuts below. Schremp hands down.

7. Bryanbryoil

I guess we may get to see them go head to head twice, so we shall see!!! Too bad MAP has an injury, although with Rimouski's sweep, hopefully he'll have enough time to heal up close to 100%.

8. eddy

eddy Registered User

School
    Home Page:
    Pouiliot may be a safer bet to make the NHL but I'd take Schremp, he's a bit of a hit or miss prospect but his upside is so high i'd take the risk on him.

9. moosefan

moosefan Registered User

University Student
    I don't think Schremp is as big of a problem as people make him out to be. The guy is super skilled and IMO is leaps and bounds ahead of Pouliot.

10. FlyersFan10*

FlyersFan10* Guest

Agreed. Something about having natural talent over being the product of a good system just seems to be more appealing. As for the stories of being an attitude problem, well, I'd like to find where Dale Hunter said that Schremp is an attitude problem. So far, he's been everything you want in a teammate and he's worked hard at improving his overall game. Schremp I think will be just fine.

11. Legionnaire

Legionnaire Kill! Jeff, Kill!!! Sponsor

Home Page:
    I somewhat disagree. Pouiliot is just as hit or miss.

12. Boilers*

Boilers* Guest

I disagree I say Pouliot way too talented not to be in the NHL at some point in the near future (one year,say) he has the speed, the ability to make and receive fast passes (as pointed out by LT on another thread), and reads plays equaly as fast. He isn't a defensive liability in any way and is currently playing with an NHL ready star, and his points aren't as dependant on PP time. Schremp is playing on the same line as an AHL ready star,and depends on PP time,his 5x5 time needs work.
    I figure Pouliot is ready in one year but Schremp might be ready in two. If the Oil are truly desperate for that PP QB then he might get thrown into the mix a little earlier , but save for a couple cups of coffee to get him inspired, I doubt it.

Who's better? I don't know about better overall but Schremp has that jump-out-of -your-seat, I can't-believe-that-move quality that keeps me watching every second and then has to watch the after show hi-lights just so I can relive it in slo-mo appeal. Pouliot is more solid like Smyth, great moves, more points,but gets overshadowed by flashier players. Only too fitting that they should hopefully be team mates someday. :D

Last edited by moderator : May 15, 2005
  13. Bryanbryoil

And possibly even linemates if RS is converted to a winger if he can't hack playing Center at the NHL level.

14. Fleuryfan29

Fleuryfan29 Registered User

Sheet Metal Mechanic
    Home Page:
    With out a doubt, hands down NO questions asked...........Shremp.

15. montreal25m

montreal25m Registered User

Entrepeneur
    Home Page:
    LOL>>>>

Come on now...Schremp can't skate!!!! Have you seen Sakic skate? Well I know that is a harsh statement, but he is an avg. skater at best. To me Pouillot will be a very dependable two way player who will put up 40-50 pts a game. He will be your John Madden, the unsung hero type of player for the oilers. I believe Schremp is one of the most overrated prospects...

16. jojo

jojo Registered User

Home Page:
    40-50 pts a game! Wow, and all this time we thought Crosby was the next one. :propeller

17. Crosbyfan

Crosbyfan Registered User

How much bigger are they making the nets?
    :biglaugh:

18. NewHabsEra*

NewHabsEra* Guest

Pouliot is a miss or hit prospect... Should be given a "C" rating to be fair with HF criterias. 7 or 7.5 C is about the prospect he is... There were alot better prospects over him in the 2003 draft... Cant believe Oilers passed on Parise! :shakehead

19. Fists of Fuhry

Fists of Fuhry Registered User

Home Page:
    :deadhorse whipit! whipit good!

20. FlyersFan10*

FlyersFan10* Guest

Ok, I hear all this crap about Schremp not being able to skate, yet every OHL playoff game I've watched and he looks like he can skate with no troubles at all. No, he isn't a blazer, but he seems to be playing just fine. You're confusing speed with ability and his skating ability is fine. You can say the same thing about Jason Spezza. He isn't a blazer, but he can skate just fine.

21. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Registered User

The Oilers for years have been criticised (and many times deservedly so) for drafting/acquiring players that were lightening fast skaters but had hands of stone. So now they take a skilled kid with undeniable goal-scoring ability and the Oil get trashed by people claiming he can't skate.

Boy, talk about a tough crowd. :(

Schremp's ceiling is a 1st line centre.
    Pouliot's is as a 2nd line centre, but he appears to be a more complete player.

Flip a coin.

22. Seachd

Seachd Registered User

Home Page:
    This post goes straight into my personal HF Hall of Fame. Very well said.

23. Cerebral

Cerebral Registered User

Teacher
    Zach Parise once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road...

24. Habsfan 32

Habsfan 32 Registered User

I think Schremp as a higher cealing for sure and alot more natural talent. I don't really belive all the stuff about his attitude and all. He looks like a good kid. He may be a bit cocky but if he can back it up I see no problem.

25. Oiltalk

Oiltalk Registered User

Home Page:
    I'm sure those players have higher ratings too. Giving Pouliot a "C" in reaching his potential, because many prospects are better is dumb logic at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.