Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Here's the link:

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam031203/chl_jun1-sun.html

Personally, I'm shocked. If I was Schremp, I too would view this as a slap in the face, especially with a guy like Brady Murray being named to the squad. I wonder if "politics" did have something to do with this? One thing is for sure, USA Hockey has probably done serious harm to it's relationship with Schremp, and it's going to be interesting to see if he suits up for the U.S. in the future. One thing to note is Schremp's team mate, Danny Richmond will be named to the team. Yikes!

* I also noticed that there have been 20 out of 22 spots now filled. That means there have been 4 players selected since the initial 16. Two are Richmond and Brady Murray, who are the other two? Also, since there are two spots left, couldn't Schremp still be added (although he might not accept)?

Last edited:

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Here's the link:

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam031203/chl_jun1-sun.html

Personally, I'm shocked. If I was Schremp, I too would view this as a slap in the face, especially with a guy like Brady Murray being named to the squad. I wonder if "politics" did have something to do with this? One thing is for sure, USA Hockey has probably done serious harm to it's relationship with Schremp, and it's going to be interesting to see if he suits up for the U.S. in the future. One thing to note is Schremp's team mate, Danny Richmond will be named to the team. Yikes!

* I also noticed that there have been 20 out of 22 spots now filled. That means there have been 4 players selected since the initial 16. Two are Richmond and Brady Murray, who are the other two? Also, since there are two spots left, couldn't Schremp still be added (although he might not accept)?

Well, I don't see how a guy like Brett Sterling makes it in the first 16 and Schremp doesn't. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Hockey is a business.

I'm sure USA Hockey isn't too happy about having to pay to get Schremp to play with the US Development team for as short a time as he did.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It couldn't possibly be politics affecting hockey decisions could it?

If it is, I'm utterly shocked and don't know what to say.........

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Jim Bob said:
It couldn't possibly be politics affecting hockey decisions could it?

If it is, I'm utterly shocked and don't know what to say.........

Hey if I was USA hockey I wouldn't put him on either, because of him they wasted $1,000's.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Schlep Rock said:
Hockey is a business.

I'm sure USA Hockey isn't too happy about having to pay to get Schremp to play with the US Development team for as short a time as he did.

I forgot about that. I guess Schremp shoudn't be surprised he was bypassed. Using a program as a bargaining tool isn't going to make you many friends.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Robbie isn't the only one to be disapointed in recent years and he won't be the last. This type of politics is the reason why the US hasn't won this tournament in the past and probably won't win this one either. Though I don't believe it's all said and done because there still could be injuries and still some NHLer's on the list. One thing is for sure is that you increase your chances by a 1000 if you happen to go to the best team on the planet located in Ann Arbor.

Dupuis>Ilya

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
AJ1982 said:
Well, I don't see how a guy like Brett Sterling makes it in the first 16 and Schremp doesn't. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Brett Sterling played for the team at last year's tournament, so he'll naturally have a leg up in the selection committee's mind. He also had a helluva freshman year at CC, scoring more goals than Thomas Vanek did during the regular season. The only reason he wasn't a first-round pick is because he's so small.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
This is ridiculous. They did the same thing with Dan Fritsche last year. I can't wait to see who they added instead of him. It'll probably make for a good laugh.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cagney said:
This is ridiculous. They did the same thing with Dan Fritsche last year. I can't wait to see who they added instead of him. It'll probably make for a good laugh.

It's the same old song and dance. Priority is given to USNDTP guys, especially those who go to college. CHL guys by and large always get the shaft.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
FiveforFighting said:
Robbie isn't the only one to be disapointed in recent years and he won't be the last. This type of politics is the reason why the US hasn't won this tournament in the past and probably won't win this one either. Though I don't believe it's all said and done because there still could be injuries and still some NHLer's on the list. One thing is for sure is that you increase your chances by a 1000 if you happen to go to the best team on the planet located in Ann Arbor.

Well, I don't think Robbie Schremp's absence is going to be that much of a differance maker. He would have been a great addition, but the U.S. will still ice a great team, with NHLers like Fritsche, Kesler, and Brown likely on the team. I just don't get how the team could bypass Schremp, who attended the evaluation camp over the summer, in favor of a guy like Brady Murray, who thumbed his nose at that invite, but for certain reasons has decided to jump aboard.

Last edited:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Rabid Ranger said:
It's the same old song and dance. Priority is given to USNDTP guys, especially those who go to college. CHL guys by and large always get the shaft.

Especially CHL guys who screw over the USNDTP guys...when they come to play for a week maybe two days *can't remember how long it was in between the Ice Dogs and his newest teams transfer*

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Seven_Nation_Army said:
Especially CHL guys who screw over the USNDTP guys...when they come to play for a week maybe two days *can't remember how long it was in between the Ice Dogs and his newest teams transfer*

Does anyone know the full story behind that? DId Schremp promise the USNDTP he would stick around for the remainder of the season?

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Rabid Ranger said:
Does anyone know the full story behind that? DId Schremp promise the USNDTP he would stick around for the remainder of the season?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031001/chl_mis-sun.html

"Once we pay top-dollar amount, the federation (Hockey Canada) is supposed to ensure the team (the IceDogs) releases the player," said Jim Johannson, senior director of hockey operations for USA Hockey.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Dupuis>Ilya said:
Brett Sterling played for the team at last year's tournament, so he'll naturally have a leg up in the selection committee's mind. He also had a helluva freshman year at CC, scoring more goals than Thomas Vanek did during the regular season. The only reason he wasn't a first-round pick is because he's so small.

I realize he was there last year and he produces for CC, however, if you've seen him play live you have to admit that Schremp has a leg up on him, even last year.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Rabid Ranger said:

They paid A LOT of $$$ for him for the rest of the season.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:

More Politics by The US team. Put the best damn Team on the Ice Once and for All the US to see! ;)

Sammy*

Habsaku said:
I hope this is gonna hurt his draft standings, he can then wear a Habs jersey with pride :joker: .
I dunno why it would have to hurt his draft standing for the Habs to get a crack at him.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Seven_Nation_Army said:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031001/chl_mis-sun.html

"Once we pay top-dollar amount, the federation (Hockey Canada) is supposed to ensure the team (the IceDogs) releases the player," said Jim Johannson, senior director of hockey operations for USA Hockey.

There we have it. I really don't care what happend, they should put the best team available on the ice.

Dupuis>Ilya

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
AJ1982 said:
I realize he was there last year and he produces for CC, however, if you've seen him play live you have to admit that Schremp has a leg up on him, even last year.
I have never seen Schremp play, so I can't comment on him specifically. I wasn't necessarily stating Sterling's case over Schremp, just Sterling's case in general since his name was brought up. Personally, I don't care. I just hope we ice the best team possible.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
So Schremp jumps from the Development team to the CHL 2 years ago and doesn't get named to the team, but Danny Richmond who jumped from NCAA to the CHL 3 months ago is forgiven and named to the team.

This is a joke, but I could careless. This just means that the Knights will still have one ofthe best players in the league when all of the other teams good players will be in Finland.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Douggy said:
So Schremp jumps from the Development team to the CHL 2 years ago and doesn't get named to the team, but Danny Richmond who jumped from NCAA to the CHL 3 months ago is forgiven and named to the team.

This is a joke, but I could careless. This just means that the Knights will still have one ofthe best players in the league when all of the other teams good players will be in Finland.
I'd bet it has more to do with the 2-week stint earlier this year than it has to do with the jump to the CHL 2 years ago.

There are a few teams that will be missing players over Christmas - the Knights are no different, except that they will have Schremp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->