schremp no shrimp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
neg marron said:
is robbie schremp the darko milicic#31( detroit nba rookie currently in nba finals 3rd pick overall 2003 nba draft) of this year's nhl draft

not as hyped as #1 &2 but may be as good as if not better than the top 2 picks
for more info on darko check out

www.nba.com/pistons/

Well, first of all I don't think Darko Milicic will ever be better than Lebron James or Carmelo Anthony, but I get your point. That being said, it's doubtful Schremp has the impact of Malkin much less Ovechkin but you never know.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
neg marron said:
is robbie schremp the darko milicic#31( detroit nba rookie currently in nba finals 3rd pick overall 2003 nba draft) of this year's nhl draft

not as hyped as #1 &2 but may be as good as if not better than the top 2 picks
for more info on darko check out

www.nba.com/pistons/
Millicic was the #2 overall pick, not #3. :shakehead

The Spaz

May 15, 2002
PA
Visit site
How many minutes has Darko played this season and what kind of impact has he has on the pistons season. I'll answer he has played 4.7 minutes per game and none in the playoffs so his imapct has been nill.

degroat*

Darko was not expected to make an immediate impact. It was known that he would be a project when he was drafted and Detroit as a team with an established roster felt that they didn't need a player to make an immediate impact. While I would have definately gone with Carmello, it's way to early to call Millicic a bust.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i live in denver and watched plenty of nuggets games. dont jump on the bandwagon and assume melo is the next joradon or anything. he can score - and the nuggets needed him - thats about it. darko was a project - and could easily end up the better player. melo was ready to impact now - thats the only advantage at this point. its not like the pistons have suffered for it, they have had an awesome season. darko may be the better player for them down the road.

Sethis

May 9, 2004
bleedgreen said:
i live in denver and watched plenty of nuggets games. dont jump on the bandwagon and assume melo is the next joradon or anything. he can score - and the nuggets needed him - thats about it. darko was a project - and could easily end up the better player. melo was ready to impact now - thats the only advantage at this point. its not like the pistons have suffered for it, they have had an awesome season. darko may be the better player for them down the road.

Yup, and with Ben Wallace being one of the leagues smallest C's (Even though you can't really tell when he plays) the match-up problems with Darko at the 3 spot could be deadly down the line.

Regardless, I even said at the draft they made a big mistake passing him up. Carmelo, Rasheed, Big Ben, Rip and Chauncey would be a very nice starting lineup for a pretty long time.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Sethis said:
Yup, and with Ben Wallace being one of the leagues smallest C's (Even though you can't really tell when he plays) the match-up problems with Darko at the 3 spot could be deadly down the line.

Regardless, I even said at the draft they made a big mistake passing him up. Carmelo, Rasheed, Big Ben, Rip and Chauncey would be a very nice starting lineup for a pretty long time.

With Larry Brown as the coach, I doubt Anthony would have started, while Milicic would have piled up big minutes for Denver. Larry Brown simply does not give rookies huge minutes, no matter who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad