Proposal: Schneider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
The goalie fiasco I was referring to is your team apparently annointed Schneider the #1 guy; then after one bad game or so Luongo gets inserted and appears now to be #1 again. So if he keeps playing well it'll be hard to trade away your #1 and in the meantime Schneider's value will have diminished because he will now be seen as a guy who couldn't hold the #1 spot. Meanwhile Lack is in the minors. Throw in the cap problems lurking and that is a fiasco. At least to us uninformed Blue Jacket fans.

This was a media and fan driven conclusion.

Gillis and AV have both constantly stated; we have two great goalies and they'll both play and continue to play if they are exceptional.

The actual quote from AV when asked who the number one goalie is, "Whoever is in net that night."

Either way, I understand a goalie isn't what Columbus is looking for but I think value wise it's a lot closer than to be made out here.

EDIT: (Not the original offer, but Schneider, Ballard, 2nd for Bobrovsky, Johansen)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Back to the trade:

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen

Remove Dubinsky and the 2nd rounder.

You still have Johansen in the (revised) deal. Therefore it will not happen. Ryan Johansen will not be traded. Vancouver does not have the capacity to make a Ryan Johansen deal happen.

* * *​
Either way, I understand a goalie isn't what Columbus is looking for but I think value wise it's a lot closer than to be made out here.

It might have been if Johansen wasn't included.

* * *​
What kind of absolutely garbage proposal is this pile of crap? I can't believe you even typed it with a straight face, therefore I'll just chalk this up to you yanking our chains. If I was the GM and you proposed this, I would lose your cell phone number. Perhaps forever. It is that insulting.

:laugh: :thumbu:

I wish I could have you around on T&R more often, but I worry about what that would do for your blood pressure. ;)

Last edited:

bizzz*

What kind of absolutely garbage proposal is this pile of crap? I can't believe you even typed it with a straight face, therefore I'll just chalk this up to you yanking our chains. If I was the GM and you proposed this, I would lose your cell phone number. Perhaps forever. It is that insulting.

Looks like a nice template for such trade proposals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
You still have Johansen in the (revised) deal. Therefore it will not happen. Ryan Johansen will not be traded. Vancouver does not have the capacity to make a Ryan Johansen deal happen.

* * *​

It might have been if Johansen wasn't included.

* * *​

:laugh: :thumbu:

I wish I could have you around on T&R more often, but I worry about what that would do for your blood pressure. ;)

who said RyJo won't be traded?? you?? I know Howson didn't.
Let's not pretend he will finish his career here. I can tell you now he won't.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Schneider for Johansen. keep it simple.

Better to get a franchise goalie for RyJo now than to trade him for nothing after he busts.

"Trade X before he busts" is a semicommon comment in the Live Chat. It's a favorite sarcastic line, because it represents an extremist position that is only taken by people with a serious agenda against said player.

You are quite literally the only person here who both proclaims to be a fan of the Blue Jackets and is publicly convinced that Johansen will fail - not might fail, but WILL fail - and needs to be traded immediately while the rest of the world continues to maintain some sort of collective delusion (to which only you seem not susceptible) that he might be a good hockey player someday. You have provided no rational basis for this belief whatsoever, and indeed have given no justifications at all beyond extremely rare, extraordinarily vague statements like "I don't like him", "He'll bust", and "We should have drafted Gormley/Fowler/whoever" - none of which are ever backed up with any reasoning as to why these positions are held. Conclusions precisely contradictory to these, by contrast, have been reached and discussed by many, many other people of varying qualifications, experience levels, and credentials, some of which are similar to yours as we presently know them, but most of which are well in excess of same. So therefore, unless you have an actual counterargument (which I would welcome, as it would be a first-ever event), your input on anything related to Johansen continues to be utterly unhelpful, unnecessary, and counterproductive.

Quit it already. We get it. You hate Johansen. The CBJ organization doesn't care. Howson doesn't care. Davidson doesn't care. We don't care. Nobody cares. And your petulant whining about how he just has to bust because of just how very much you don't like him corresponds little to objective reality. So kindly do the rest of us a favor and just shut up and get the **** over it already.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We're done here.

Here's a thought. In future, limit the content of your posts to other posts and the thread topic, and stop congratulating yourselves for whatever credit you feel like you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad