Proposal: Schneider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Absolutely not.

Why would we want somebody who's done nothing but falter when he was expected to be the starter?

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
How about you keep him, win a cup with both goaltenders, and we'll keep building slowly as opposed to trading away our future so that we can finish 10th in the conference instead of 15th.

Wizeman*

Schneider would have to go for Dubinsky and Johanson plus.

But whats the point of having a world class goalie if you have little in front of it?

I think Mason is solid enough until you have some more talent around him

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
Absolutely not.

Why would we want somebody who's done nothing but falter when he was expected to be the starter?

Faulter to another world class goalie? How do you consider it faultering when a top 5 goalies out plays you?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Would do you think Blue Jacket Fans....

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen

My most frequent justification for speaking up in pretty much every trade thread that even slightly mentions Columbus has historically been that other team's fans will invade our boards with idiotic proposals otherwise.

It seems I may need to change doctrines, as apparently this no longer serves as a deterrent. :(

If this were merely Schneider/Ballard for Dubi/Bob, it would just be an unwise deal for Columbus. Schneider has not done well as a starter so far while Bob has, so there's no reason for us to make that exchange. While Ballard might be useful considering our current injury issues on the blueline, Dubi adds to our defensive prowess and so trading him to make that happen is a bad idea.

It's also a tad silly for Vancouver, seeing as though Ballard seems to have a new lease on life and NHL play right now, and Bob's big issue in Philly was that he was quickly kicked aside before he could prove himself to be the starter - a situation that would not be resolved in Vancouver.

If you'd stopped there, then we'd be fine. Not a great idea, but at least it attempts to be reasonable in concept and doesn't go overboard.

But the proposal didn't stop there. In throwing in Johansen for a 2nd, this deal transcends mere "poor idea" status and achieves "laughably g-dawful." Jeff Carter, when we were desperate for more goalscoring and a #1C, was not good enough to pry Johansen out of Columbus. What in G-d's name makes you think this deal is somehow superior at the outset? What makes you think there's any deal Vancouver could throw together that would make giving up Johansen an attractive option to Columbus and manage to be fair to both sides?

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Not getting rid of Johansen. Replace him with someone else other than Murray.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Proposal:

Schneider to Jackets for nothing

Response : NFW- What has he ever done. He never won a Cup. he had a bad game or two to start the season-proof he sucks.

I do think the price of Joey is a bit high but I'd trade Bob, Dubi & someone else for Schneider but you aren't going to get a lot of positive responses here. Goalies (even guys with Schneiders stats) are not something most fans here are willing to trade for.

And btw, nice goalie fiasco you have going on in Vancouver.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I have a lot of interest in Schneider..

Proposal:

Response : NFW- What has he ever done. He never won a Cup. he had a bad game or two to start the season-proof he sucks.

I do think the price of Joey is a bit high but I'd trade Bob, Dubi & someone else for Schneider but you aren't going to get a lot of positive responses here. Goalies (even guys with Schneiders stats) are not something most fans here are willing to trade for.

I just don't think we can give up enough to interest the Nucks, too bad.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Faulter to another world class goalie? How do you consider it faultering when a top 5 goalies out plays you?

You mean that world class goalies that the Nucks fans and media trashed/couldn't wait to unload until about 10 days ago?

Gillis screwed up the goalie situation royally. It's only going to end with Luongo or Schneider going for far less than what Vancouver fans seem to think they're worth. You'd better hope somebody panics before the Capocolypse that awaits you this summer. I can tell you one thing, it isn't going to end with you guys getting a top young forward, a serviceable top 6 forward, a decent young goaltender and still managing to get rid of Ballard.

Last edited:

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Proposal:

BTW - Schneider had one bad game and his others has look excellent.

Every reference to him not playing well goes to show the lack of knowledge around here. Schneider has played well, Lu has been insane. Both better than what you got.

Back to the trade:

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen

Remove Dubinsky and the 2nd rounder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
You mean that world class goalies that the Nucks fans and media trashed/couldn't wait to unload until about 10 days ago?

Gillis screwed up the goalie situation royally. It's only going to end with Luongo or Schneider going for far less than what Vancouver fans seem to think they're worth. You'd better hope somebody panics before the Capocolypse that awaits you this summer. I can tell you one thing, it isn't going to end with you guys getting a top young forward, a serviceable top 6 forward, a decent young goaltender and still managing to get rid of Ballard.

The consensus for the media and Canuck fans is that we'd be fine with either Cory or Luongo. Luongo was the one that stated he'd be okay if he was traded.

It's not a screw up by having a goalie come through your system and turn out to be good. That's a good problem to have. It's not a fiasco, it wasn't a screw up, it's not a bad thing and the worst that comes from it is it de-values the player by a marginal amount.

The vast majority of Canucks fans do not expect top young forward, serviceable top 6 forward a decent young goalie and getting to toss a player that's overpaid.

If it's Schneider moving, one would expect the same talent coming back just in a different position. And if it's a prospect you're talking about, a bit higher potential would have to be there.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
The consensus for the media and Canuck fans is that we'd be fine with either Cory or Luongo. Luongo was the one that stated he'd be okay if he was traded.

It's not a screw up by having a goalie come through your system and turn out to be good. That's a good problem to have. It's not a fiasco, it wasn't a screw up, it's not a bad thing and the worst that comes from it is it de-values the player by a marginal amount.

The vast majority of Canucks fans do not expect top young forward, serviceable top 6 forward a decent young goalie and getting to toss a player that's overpaid.

If it's Schneider moving, one would expect the same talent coming back just in a different position. And if it's a prospect you're talking about, a bit higher potential would have to be there.

Let me get this straight. You want to take one of our top young guys for a goalie who I think could be great, but might not be, plus our best goalie right now who has shown as much as the goalie you are offering? Plus you want the guy who was one of the center pieces to the Nash trade.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Invitation_NO_GLOBALTOUR-800x575.jpg

I suppose I'll never understand the "trade post", particularly from guests. It almost always turns out to be some offer to give us something we're not asking for for players we aren't offering, and yet we're morons if we disagree. Meh.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
BTW - Schneider had one bad game and his others has look excellent.

Every reference to him not playing well goes to show the lack of knowledge around here. Schneider has played well, Lu has been insane. Both better than what you got.

Back to the trade:

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen

Remove Dubinsky and the 2nd rounder.

The goalie fiasco I was referring to is your team apparently annointed Schneider the #1 guy; then after one bad game or so Luongo gets inserted and appears now to be #1 again. So if he keeps playing well it'll be hard to trade away your #1 and in the meantime Schneider's value will have diminished because he will now be seen as a guy who couldn't hold the #1 spot. Meanwhile Lack is in the minors. Throw in the cap problems lurking and that is a fiasco. At least to us uninformed Blue Jacket fans.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Would do you think Blue Jacket Fans....

To CLB:
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2nd rounder

for

To Van:
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovsky
Ryan Johansen

What kind of absolutely garbage proposal is this pile of crap? I can't believe you even typed it with a straight face, therefore I'll just chalk this up to you yanking our chains. If I was the GM and you proposed this, I would lose your cell phone number. Perhaps forever. It is that insulting.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
What kind of absolutely garbage proposal is this pile of crap? I can't believe you even typed it with a straight face, therefore I'll just chalk this up to you yanking our chains. If I was the GM and you proposed this, I would lose your cell phone number. Perhaps forever. It is that insulting.

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->