Schneider on waivers

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's probably worse than both Howard and Bernier, so picking him would help the TANK.

But adding 6M contract for another 3 years is not probably smart.

Reactions: Bench

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Nope.

"It seems unlikely a team would do so since it would inherit his $6 million annual salary, which runs through the 2021-22 season. Also, Schneider had battled a hip injury in recent years."

I repeat - Nope.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Howard's in the final year of his contact... Abby and Nielsen have term left. I wonder if a garbage for garbage trade is a possibility? There is not much cap relief in putting players in the minors anymore so Schneider going to the farm doesn't do much for New Jersey besides sending a message. Send one of the guys with term for a straight up swap... Or move Howard for Schneider and see if we can pick up another reclamation project for taking the longer term? Not saying it will happen but it's the kind of creativity Yzerman may be looking for if he's hoping to move on from some of our stagnant pieces.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Howard's in the final year of his contact... Abby and Nielsen have term left. I wonder if a garbage for garbage trade is a possibility? There is not much cap relief in putting players in the minors anymore so Schneider going to the farm doesn't do much for New Jersey besides sending a message. Send one of the guys with term for a straight up swap... Or move Howard for Schneider and see if we can pick up another reclamation project for taking the longer term? Not saying it will happen but it's the kind of creativity Yzerman may be looking for if he's hoping to move on from some of our stagnant pieces.
I'd wait to see how Cory does in the AHL before committing to any trade.

Red Wings need to sign Mantha, Bert, AA, and Fabbri this offseason, they're not going to take on extra salary. The only trade that would make sense would be a swap for Nielsen if Cory plays well in the AHL.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Imagine having 13 million in cap tied up in Howard, Bernier, and Schneider, and also paying Schneider another 12 million over the next 2 seasons to be a terrible goalie.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Heck no, 2.25GAA & .925SV% was in '14-'15...5 yrs ago! Since then he hasn't posted over .908 or under 2.82 & each metric has gotten progressively worse, so a linear, large sample size. This year the bottom fell out.

I have more faith in an older (2yrs) Howie rebounding to maybe net a 3rd/4th @TDL.

I'd also keep Frans over Cory.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Only way I would take Schenider is if NJ threw in a 1st round pick. Schenider & 1st for Bernier or Howard.....I'd have to do the math, but this I would consider.

Reactions: Henkka

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Is this seriously a question?????????? $6 mil cap hit, with atrocious numbers.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The only way I would consider this, is if they took both Nielsen and Abdelkader back.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Need high reward low risk moves. That contract is too risky that is a lot of cap space for someone struggling. It's like a high risk okay reward. Pass for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->