Proposal: Schneider for Sam bennet

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Respectfully no. Bennett has looked great so far this season, despite what the scoring stats show.

Is NJ really in a position to trade Schneider?
he hasn't been a top end goalie for awhile now, is on the wrong side of 30, and is trying to come back from hip surgery. I dont know why some Devils fan are so quick to dump him though. We are fine with the cap and can afford to give him time to see how he comes back with how well Kinkaid has been playing. On top of that, no one is going to trade for a 6 million dollar goalie that is trying to recover from hip surgery. Let him heal and rebuild his value a bit.

Reactions: Gaudfather

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Isn't Schneider a huge risk with an enormous salary? I don't think he has much value. Sam Bennett is probably playing his best hockey ever right now. I'm not even sure I'd trade Mike Smith for Cory Schneider just because of Schneider's salary and term.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I wouldn’t do this as Calgary tbh. Yes they need a G bad but if they push for one let’s make him young and reliable

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Oiler fan here... I'd be concerned if Calgary secured Schneider. He can probably be brought in for cheap and the Flames defense is better than the Devils... there is a good chance he thrives in Calgary. I think this might actually be a good move.

Edit: Schneider's contract is a bitter pill to swallow.

Reactions: A91

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
As a Canuck fan that doesn't follow much NJ, Whats the deal with Shneider.

He had a nagging injury the past few seasons that was fixed with offseason surgery. Has only played in 3 AHL rehab games so far this season, but should be back in NJ as early as this week.

He struggled quite a bit last season with a .907 save percentage and 2.93 GAA, though looked great in the playoffs against Tampa Bay with a .950 save percentage and 1.78 GAA in 4 games (3 starts).

So, we don't know quite what to expect from Schneider at this point. Kinkaid is playing very well and will probably get a majority of the starts in the short-term unless Schneider starts to outplay him. Somehow the Devils board is wrapped up in discussions with what to do about goaltending even though Shero isn't making any moves anytime soon, as the depth beyond these two is not great.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
there is just no point for the Devils to do this right now

its not like we have goalies banging down the door that belong in the NHL.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Respectfully no. Bennett has looked great so far this season, despite what the scoring stats show.

Is NJ really in a position to trade Schneider?
LOL. sorry. This just made me laugh so much.

At this point, Flames would be crazy not to trade Bennett for a tender like Schneider. So what is they lose a great 3rd liner for a very good goalie? Come on! Enough with the homers!

But I don’t think NJ is in a position to trade Cory.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
LOL. sorry. This just made me laugh so much.

At this point, Flames would be crazy not to trade Bennett for a tender like Schneider. So what is they lose a great 3rd liner for a very good goalie? Come on! Enough with the homers!

But I don’t think NJ is in a position to trade Cory.

Cory hasn't played well for 2 years now.

Reactions: Bleedred

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Cory hasn't played well for 2 years now.

He was very good the first half of last season. Then he got injured and didn't look the same. He was also very good in the playoffs.

Regardless, the Devils don't have the goalie depth in the organization to just dump Schneider. They need him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad