Confirmed with Link: Schmidt traded to Van for a 3rd

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I am sure we are soon to hear stories with other anonymous GM's who say they were blindsided by this and would have offered a 2nd or even a 1st if they were kept in the loop.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Still need to clear cap, btw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, smart move not trading Flower amirite?

They're still going to trade him to Pittsburgh. I'm as sure of that as I was Petro signing. Now it'll just be us retaining because we were too cheap with picks to pay someone else to.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The funny thing is they would have had the cap if they let Stephenson file for arbitration, or traded him.

That's a frustrating thing because I think Stephenson gets less in arbitration for 2 years and we would be better with him making a little less and on a two year contract.

Could not even get them to throw an only decent prospect in Woo back.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
They're still going to trade him to Pittsburgh. I'm as sure of that as I was Petro signing. Now it'll just be us retaining because we were too cheap with picks to pay someone else to.
If we do trade him, & retain on him, I'm certain we'll either take back cap or still give up a pick. Feels very in line.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If we do trade him, & retain on him, I'm certain we'll either take back cap or still give up a pick. Feels very in line.

It's going to be Fleury at ~3m retained for Aston Reese IMO. As soon as the Petro deal happened a Pens writer brought Fleury back up. Said the Pens and Fleury both are pushing for it but they won't take him without retention.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Dhaliwal actually called it in a tweet saying that benning was trying to land a dman.

tweet was later removed.

now we traded for Schmitt....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad