TSN: Schenn - "It's going to be crazy"

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Schenn on playing his first game at home:

I love the cross checking in front of the net in practice... he is a beast.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Looks like Schenn bought a house in Toronto and his neighbor happens to be Tomas Kaberle, his first defense partner in Toronto...

Wonder if this means he'll be re-signing in Toronto and staying long term to raise his family?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Looks like Schenn bought a house in Toronto and his neighbor happens to be Tomas Kaberle, his first defense partner in Toronto...

Wonder if this means he'll be re-signing in Toronto and staying long term to raise his family?

I think this helps the Leafs' chances to re-sign him

Been happy with his game and his role, good veteran depth.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd be somewhat surprised if he'd want to stick around based on his TOI - or lack thereof - thus far. Aside from that, I'm likely good with retaining him if he's content with whatever his role turns out to be.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I'd be somewhat surprised if he'd want to stick around based on his TOI - or lack thereof - thus far. Aside from that, I'm likely good with retaining him if he's content with whatever his role turns out to be.

The thing people can’t forget is that in Tampa he had limited time and he was even in the AHL for a bit in his career. If he wants to play on a competitive team he needs to give from his end. This includes a low cap and acceptance of his role. To boot he gets to play for a world class organization and live in a city that raising a family in has always checked almost every box, for someone of his economical status.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The thing people can’t forget is that in Tampa he had limited time and he was even in the AHL for a bit in his career. If he wants to play on a competitive team he needs to give from his end. This includes a low cap and acceptance of his role. To boot he gets to play for a world class organization and live in a city that raising a family in has always checked almost every box, for someone of his economical status.
No doubt that the teams on which he'd be a lineup fixture are likely of the 'also ran' variety. Of course, being/remaining on a contender might very well be of the utmost importance to him at this point in his career.

Last edited:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Ya as long as he doesn’t have to ride the TTC with all its stabbings and muggings

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020

I'd say it's more likely he's leasing the property.

Reactions: ACC1224

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'd say it's more likely he's leasing the property.

I dunno. Reading the situation he could have just stayed in BC and dealt with the family situation there if that was the priority. Play out the string, stay where you’re comfortable and re-sign with the Canucks.

But coming back to Toronto it looks like it’s about family and the Leafs enough to be worth relocating the whole family and it won’t be for a few months.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I dunno. Reading the situation he could have just stayed in BC and dealt with the family situation there if that was the priority. Play out the string, stay where you’re comfortable and re-sign with the Canucks.

But coming back to Toronto it looks like it’s about family and the Leafs enough to be worth relocating the whole family and it won’t be for a few months.

Im inclined to agree here
I mean unless the nucks are completely heartless he has won cups. So why leave to bring a newborn to just move again?

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Wouldn't suck at all to have him and Gio and both under a million. That's some solid cheap depth right there. With Holl and Kerf's cap gone gives us a bit of room to add a lil sumthin sumthin'.

*Edit* Actually having those 2 for under 2 million, and McCabe for 2 more years at 2 million looks even better. 3 D for under 4 mil? Sign me up!

Reactions: banks

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Say what you want but I dont see him leaving. Canucks are rebuilding and Vancouver has violence and crime, dont kid yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad