Confirmed with Link: Schenn extended for 8 years ($6.5m AAV)

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
33A23C47-DB5D-43A1-A905-0DD2AF7708E7.png

Not crazy about 8 years, but I the AAV makes it much more palatable. One down, one to go.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Great AAV! Term is long hope there isn’t a NTC or NMC for the last three years even if Schenn will probably age more like Steen than Backes.

Reactions: Fitrix

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
AAV much lower than I anticipated. I love Schenn and having ROR-Schenn-Thomas-Barbashev locked down for the foreseeable future is pretty incredible. I don't want to turn this into a Petro thread, but this does give Army a more clear picture of the money he has to offer Petro.

Love Schenn, love the deal even if the back couple years suck. It's the price of locking up young talent long term.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
AAV much lower than I anticipated. I love Schenn and having ROR-Schenn-Thomas-Barbashev locked down for the foreseeable future is pretty incredible. I don't want to turn this into a Petro thread, but this does give Army a more clear picture of the money he has to offer Petro.

Love Schenn, love the deal even if the back couple years suck. It's the price of locking up young talent long term.
Yeah, it's nice to finally have a solid center core.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Holy hell. Love the AAV, hate the term. This could very well be a disaster in the 2nd half of that contract, and a costly contract to move.
It probably also sets the price for Jaden Schwartz to re-sign...so that's good, considering he's up when Allen, Steen and Bozak's contracts are up (if they haven't been moved by then).
The window has been extended for 3 more years minimum (that's when Parayko is up) so long as we can get the Captain inked.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I wonder if this means that Bozak is gone after this season to move Thomas over?

I'd imagine that's the case since he's the most movable of all the higher salary guys. Depending on what the Petro extension looks like, I'd guess that this will be the final season in the Blue Note for Bozak, Allen, Bouwmeester and Steen. Not sure how DA gets out of the Allen or Steen deals, but I imagine that's what he's planning on doing. Bozak will be by far the easiest way to move out significant salary. And with the UFA center market for next offseason looking the way it is currently, he might be able to get decent value for Bozak from a team looking for a one year stopgap.

Reactions: Fitrix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad