Enstrom - 5.75
Trouba - 6 (?)
Myers - 5.5
Stuart - 2.625
Postma - .887
Chiarot - .850

Pavelec - 3.9
Hutchinson - 1.15

If I guess this to be the 23-man roster (this doesn't include Connor 1.775, Morrissey 1.363, etc..), and I guess Scheifele and Trouba sign for 6 million each, Lowry and Armia 1.5 each, total cap hit = $72.806

Salary Cap $73 million

Unless I am adding/doing something wrong, that's really close.

Laine's bonuses do not effect the cap this year, we could apply them to the cap next season if he earns them and we need the space this season

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Laine's bonuses do not effect the cap this year, we could apply them to the cap next season if he earns them and we need the space this season

Thanks.

Does the same apply to Ehlers, Morrissey and Connor?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Not exactly true. Laine's bonuses and all other ELC bonuses (if earned) would be added to the Jets final cap number. If If that pushes them over $73M then they would incur a bonus overage penalty equal to the amount they are over. This would reduce the amount of cap space next season.

If the bonuses do not push the Jets over $73M then they have no effect at all.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Question?

Do we resolve Shiefs new contract soon and take the possibility that Shief takes his foot off the pedal just a bit and Shiefs takes in a big sigh of relief and maybe chills just a bit or do we wait nearly until the end so we get pedal to the metal or lastly Shiefs is Wheeler 2.0 in givener and it doesn’t really matter?

I pick it doesn’t really matter?

Which ones yours?

Also got to get to bed so if this was covered earlier in the thread my apologise for not taking the time to double check!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Thanks.

Does the same apply to Ehlers, Morrissey and Connor?

Here's the potential bonuses for 16/17:

Cmu_3dbVIAAs67Q.jpg:large

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Do we resolve Shiefs new contract soon and take the possibility that Shief takes his foot off the pedal just a bit and Shiefs takes in a big sigh of relief and maybe chills just a bit or do we wait nearly until the end so we get pedal to the metal or lastly Shiefs is Wheeler 2.0 in givener and it doesn’t really matter?

Based on what we have seen from Scheifele, I really don't think it will affect his work ethic one iota. He is pretty much the perfect example of what you want out of your players when it comes to character. If they signed him today to a $6 million contract, I would be surprised if he wasn't suddenly motivated to work harder.

This guy's got the heart.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I would love to see a press conference where Chevy announces Scheif and Trouba signings at the same time. Get this out of the way so other cities can keep scheming up ideas for how to low ball us for him.

I'm so glad there are no similar rumors about Mark.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The suspense is killing me. When I saw the Jets update on my phone today I thought for sure it would be one of Scheif or Trouba getting inked. Happy it was Matty but still.

Just do it Chevy!
200_s.gif

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

that (secret?) one contract a day policy tells me we'll hear about this tomorrow.

or monday after the weekend.

also, lawless tweeting hockey stuff? what is this? i thought he was a minor league football reporter now.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Per Gary Lawless: Things between #nhljets and Mark Scheifele getting real close on an extension. Real close #tsn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->