Injury Report: Scheifele injury hyperventilation thread (UPD: out 6-8 weeks)

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
That puts him just before the 6 week timeframe. I'm curious what he means by testing it. Non contact but he's part of practice, or full contact in practice.
Maybe Toby can hit him but Buff can't:D Or maybe he can hit anyone he likes but they can't hit him. Sorta like Buff earlier this year.

Or I have no idea and I just needed to type something so it looks like I am working.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That puts him just before the 6 week timeframe. I'm curious what he means by testing it. Non contact but he's part of practice, or full contact in practice.

I think he's just referring to practicing with full contact.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The timeline will be interesting. The injury occurred exactly 5 weeks ago today. 1 week of non contact puts him at 6 weeks. You'd think there would be at least a couple contact practices before he plays. Somewhere between Feb 9th and Feb 13th would be my guess.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The timeline will be interesting. The injury occurred exactly 5 weeks ago today. 1 week of non contact puts him at 6 weeks. You'd think there would be at least a couple contact practices before he plays. Somewhere between Feb 9th and Feb 13th would be my guess.

Perhaps just one full contact practice and a morning skate.

member 297479

All these injuries are obviously far from ideal, but if we can keep winning some games without key players maybe it'll give the guys extra confidence knowing they can win games without Scheifele and Trouba while also giving opportunity to new guys like Roslovic. No harm done if we make the playoffs and Scheifele + Trouba are a bit more fresh than they would be, as long as their injuries don't start nagging them later.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
All these injuries are obviously far from ideal, but if we can keep winning some games without key players maybe it'll give the guys extra confidence knowing they can win games without Scheifele and Trouba while also giving opportunity to new guys like Roslovic. No harm done if we make the playoffs and Scheifele + Trouba are a bit more fresh than they would be, as long as their injuries don't start nagging them later.
I was also thinking earlier today after seeing the shot of Scheifele in the pressbox last night that watching from above for 6 weeks might just help him add even more to his game. Being such a student of the game no doubt he is watching very closely what works and doesn't work for other players. I'm secretly hoping he picks up a little of what Lowry does defensively to so effectively shut down other top players. A healthy and rested Scheifele with a little more focus on defense might just be unstoppable come playoff time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was also thinking earlier today after seeing the shot of Scheifele in the pressbox last night that watching from above for 6 weeks might just help him add even more to his game. Being such a student of the game no doubt he is watching very closely what works and doesn't work for other players. I'm secretly hoping he picks up a little of what Lowry does defensively to so effectively shut down other top players. A healthy and rested Scheifele with a little more focus on defense might just be unstoppable come playoff time.

One thing too is most of these guys play with smaller injuries (“banged up”) and it felt to me like Scheif might not have been at 100% for a while before his injury. Something like this allows a guy to not just heal the primary injury but also gives time for other overall healing opportunities to take effect. I agree with XYZ we have dodged a bullet and other players have also got opprotunity too.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
One thing too is most of these guys play with smaller injuries (“banged up”) and it felt to me like Scheif might not have been at 100% for a while before his injury. Something like this allows a guy to not just heal the primary injury but also gives time for other overall healing opportunities to take effect. I agree with XYZ we have dodged a bullet and other players have also got opprotunity too.

Fefe's scoring had dropped quite sharply the last few games. He had been well above ppg at one point, I think. Pretty sure he was < 100%.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Wheeler next for a few weeks. Freshen up for deep playoff run.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Mark looks like a kid out there. Armia gooning it up at the end. Scheif counters with a nice Gordie Howe impression

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
LETS GO SCHIEFELE!!!
Jets need you - we need to run the table soon. We need to be above Golden KNIGHTS in the standing. So when we meet them in the playoffs :) we will have the home advantage with hopefully full line up and no mask hacking from their players .

GO JETS GO

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I am not a doctor. But take more time, Nickels. Guys may be coming back too soon. Mason out for concussion, was back for what, a week? Out with another concussion from practice. Lowry out with upper body injury (shoulder?). Comes back for one game - out again with upper body injury (shoulder?).

Take an extra week, Nickels. I know you miss it, but take it slow. You are very important to this team.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I am not a doctor. But take more time, Nickels. Guys may be coming back too soon. Mason out for concussion, was back for what, a week? Out with another concussion from practice. Lowry out with upper body injury (shoulder?). Comes back for one game - out again with upper body injury (shoulder?).

Take an extra week, Nickels. I know you miss it, but take it slow. You are very important to this team.
You can't tell a player to take an extra week if they are medically cleared. Players want to be out there ASAP, but IMO as fans we just have to trust the team doctors. They will clear him based on their expert opinion.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Start him in the 4th line :) :)

Laine Wheeler Roslo
Perrault Little Ehlers
Copp Lowry Armia
Connor Schiefele Tanev :)
The 4th line doesn't make it any safer for him. Actually it likely matches him against bang and crash plugs. Ideally Lowry is also back to take the hard match ups and you can shelter Scheif for a couple games in ideal offensive situations, maybe playing with a couple of our young gun slinging wingers to jump start him.

Reactions: Jetsfareast

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
The 4th line doesn't make it any safer for him. Actually it likely matches him against bang and crash plugs. Ideally Lowry is also back to take the hard match ups and you can shelter Scheif for a couple games in ideal offensive situations, maybe playing with a couple of our young gun slinging wingers to jump start him.

I know ;)

Just want him to probably get his offensive mojo going by feasting ala Perrault.
He's been stuck in 15 goals even before his injury for awhile. :)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I know ;)

Just want him to probably get his offensive mojo going by feasting ala Perrault.
He's been stuck in 15 goals even before his injury for awhile. :)
I have a feeling Scheifele will come back an absolute beast. And will actually raise his game another level after spending 6 weeks watching from the PB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad