Schedule Squeeze since 04/05

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Forgive me if this was posted, but THN ran a quick little blurb in their 12/3/12 issue that listed every team's winning percentage, post lockout, in the tightest part of the schedule over those years - meaning, back to backs, 3 in 4's, and 4 in 6's...this was obviously done because any salvaging of a season would likely see a lot of games crunched into shorter windows.

I was sort of shocked to see us with the 7th best winning percentage of all NHL teams post-lockout:

Sabres

2 in 2: .571
3 in 4: .595
4 in 6: .592
total: .588

behind Detroit (.629), San Jose (.619), NJ (.613), NYR (.610), Nashville (.606), and Vancouver (.600).

Considering it seems like we're always atop the list of teams with b2b's or 3in4's, thought this was interesting...

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Forgive me if this was posted, but THN ran a quick little blurb in their 12/3/12 issue that listed every team's winning percentage, post lockout, in the tightest part of the schedule over those years - meaning, back to backs, 3 in 4's, and 4 in 6's...this was obviously done because any salvaging of a season would likely see a lot of games crunched into shorter windows.

I was sort of shocked to see us with the 7th best winning percentage of all NHL teams post-lockout:

Sabres

2 in 2: .571
3 in 4: .595
4 in 6: .592
total: .588

behind Detroit (.629), San Jose (.619), NJ (.613), NYR (.610), Nashville (.606), and Vancouver (.600).

Considering it seems like we're always atop the list of teams with b2b's or 3in4's, thought this was interesting...

Is that consistent with the Sabres' overall win% since the lockout? I'd guess over such a substantial sample size, you'd see some parallels.

Edit: By that, I mean that we were probably around the 7th best regular season team in win% since the last lockout due in no small part to the first two years and no "terrible" seasons.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Is that consistent with the Sabres' overall win% since the lockout? I'd guess over such a substantial sample size, you'd see some parallels.

Edit: By that, I mean that we were probably around the 7th best regular season team in win% since the last lockout due in no small part to the first two years and no "terrible" seasons.

I'd assume that there would be a parallel, but I'm lazy and don't want to calculate. What caught my eye was the fact that we sat so high on the chart when we seem to have a lot more of these "squeezes" than other teams.

That's a stat I'm curious to see. Of all the teams, who has had the highest quantity of the squeezes?

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
I didn't check against other teams but Buffalo's win % since the last lockout is exactly 60%. That's assuming they use points % (total points/164) rather than actual winning % (wins/82). I'd assume that has to compare fairly well to other teams given that 60% equates to 98.4 points per season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad