News Article: Schedule Released [UPD: B/W on Sept 17]

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I couldn't find their schedule.

But if so, league is obviously tossing them a softy to start out.

Preseason games are typically worked out by the organizations, not the league, if I remember correctly. I think this was set a long time ago and they just finalized the dates more recently.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I geek out over this stuff so good to see. I like the first game at home, aka prospect heavy. This schedule is really condensed, all in 10 days and three games in a row? I still don't think the season begins until around Oct 4th.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Looks like Avs will start the year on the road. They are cannon fodder for Rags on Oct. 5th and then NJD on Oct. 7th. Home opener isn't till the 11th vs Boston.

titan

May 27, 2009
Avs schedule so far

at Rangers Oct 5th
at Devils Oct 7th
home opener vs Bruins on Oct 11th

complete schedule to be announced on Thursday. Haven't the Avs opened at home the last few years?

link

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Full schedule released:

http://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/290069068/binary-file/file.pdf

One very interesting portion of the schedule for the Avs:

From December 24th until January 12th, the Avs are at home. They play in Arizona on the 23rd, the come home for 6 games, and following the 6 games they have their bye week before playing in Dallas on January 13th.

Talk about a great part of the schedule for the players. Not having to go on the road for almost 3 weeks.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I think just about every Sat and Sun home game in 2018 is at 1pm

That's awesome for us Europeans :D

I looked at the schedule and saw a home and home vs Ottawa. My first reaction was hmm, that's weird. Then I realized it's the two Stockholm games :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I used to love when the schedule was released, but could careless this year around knowing we most definitely will not be a playoff team.

But we do have those two games in Sweden, so there's something I guess. Going to Sweden is also the reason why we play Boston so early, so Avs don't need to go on another Eastern road trip through six or cities on the road.

titan

May 27, 2009
The Avs have done surprisingly well in that tough eastern road trip at the start of the season in the past (even last year, winning at pittsburgh and Tampa). I don't think we'll be as fortunate this year and will come to Denver for the home opener at 1-2 or 0-3.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Home opener is on a Wednesday, Broncos play a Thursday nighter at home against the Raiders on Thursday and then the Avs have another game Friday. I wasn't going to spend any amount of money following this team somewhere after the disaster of last season but that might be too good (and easy) of a trip to not plan.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As least you get drunken stories from McNabb... surely beats knowing where every US player when to high school and college. :nod:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
My favourite thing about us being terrible last year is that we had one game televised nationally here that was unavailable on NHLTV as a result. It was the game against the Coyotes in March which we lost 1-0. Pee wee quality stuff. At least I don't have to worry about not being able to watch the clownshow right away.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
As least you get drunken stories from McNabb... surely beats knowing where every US player when to high school and college. :nod:

I like McNabb, and I actually liked Haynes when Norm Jones was there to kinda keep him in check. But the combination of the two of them is really grating IMO. Altitude really stumbled out the gate hiring Doug McLeod and then firing him after like one game. I don't even mind Moser too much but the fact he's been by his lonesome this long just screams "cheapskate ownership."

I wouldn't shed a single tear if Altitude were to disappear tomorrow and broadcast rights reverted to whatever the hell Fox Sports Rocky Mountain calls itself these days.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Faint praise but I think hockey has the best preseason.

Cheap tickets, you get to see the kids and you don't have to go to Greeley or Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad