Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - II - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I had a dream we got to replay the game and we were winning when my alarm went off

**** me now today sucks
Yeah I thought about going to the Raptors parade,I really wanted to go to a parade,I don’t even like Basketball.Lol glad I didn’t,stabbings,shooting .Classy city.Lol

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Kerry Fraser cleared this up on McAvoy’s 2 minute minor 1 game suspension. Officials have two options only: 2 min minor or match because they believed there was complete intent. As we know, it’s much more gray than that and that unfortunately leaves DOPS to clean up.

I understand that’s less exciting than believing the NHL, a league that’s absolutely littered with incompetence, conspired against the Bruins down to the individual official level.

And neither option was used which is unacceptable. Just do your job officials. Will you miss a trip here or there, and a hold here or there...yes.

Blatant intent to injure is just that ... Blatant .... and it needs to be called no matter what.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
The Bruins got beat by a brand or physical hockey they've been famous for. Rather than look to blame everybody but ourselves I'd rather address the issue but adding toughness next year. Like a few posters have said before, we arent Vancouver
I'm totally with you on that reason we got beat and adding toughness. I also agree that that we arent Vancouver and spending the next 10 years crying about a loss isnt a good look still the current NHL's issue with reffing played a factor in almost every series and had a key hands in many plays that propelled St. Louis forward throughout the cup. I get that it happens and evens out but it didn't seem to ever even out.

member 96824

And neither option was used which is unacceptable. Just do your job officials. Will you miss a trip here or there, and a hold here or there...yes.

Blatant intent to injure is just that ... Blatant .... and it needs to be called no matter what.

Agreed 100%. We're on the same page there. Unfortunately, missed calls happen. As pointed out, if you ask Blues fans, they also think the Bruins got away with everything under the sun. Pretty sure a couple of them looked at their pocket rule book more than they did the TV screen throughout the series. I believe the game has gotten too fast for the officials personally and that's the root cause of all of this.. There are 21 officials that are 40+ and only 2 that are under 30. That's a problem in today's game, where some players from 2013 wouldn't even be able to keep up anymore. There was incompetence all over the playoffs in every single series.

That being said, honestly in real time, I can see how the Mojo call gets missed. I thought it was a shoulder to shoulder nothing until we saw the slow mo replay. The league did the same, and then they took care of it.

But most importantly, none of the missed calls mean the league has a secret agenda and was out to get the Bruins because the Blues were a "better story." This league can't even get their shit together enough to operate for 10 straight years without a lockout or schedule a Stanley cup final within a week of the last games in the conference finals being played.. but they're supposed to be able to operate a hidden mission favoring a midwest market? That type of shit is for the wack jobs in leaf land.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would just like the league to call the games as they are intended to be called, regular season or playoffs. We always hear "put the whistles away" for the playoffs, which is a total crock. Either something is against the rules or it isn't, and it is also BS because they don't really: a puck over the glass in the defensive zone is a penalty every time, too many men is too many men, icing is still icing, so they don't put the whistles away. What they do is stop calling the physical penalties- slashes, hooks and holds, illegal checks to the head, boarding, many of which cause injury. If boarding a guy is a penalty in the regular season why is it not a penalty in the playoffs? What kind of stupid crap is that? Someone pointed out that no other sports league does this. The NBA (may it burn in hell) doesn't stop calling fouls because it is the playoffs, spearing or clipping is still just that in the NHL playoffs. I mean, come on NHL.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Agreed 100%. We're on the same page there. Unfortunately, missed calls happen. As pointed out, if you ask Blues fans, they also think the Bruins got away with everything under the sun. Pretty sure a couple of them looked at their pocket rule book more than they did the TV screen throughout the series. I believe the game has gotten too fast for the officials personally and that's the root cause of all of this.. There are 21 officials that are 40+ and only 2 that are under 30. That's a problem in today's game, where some players from 2013 wouldn't even be able to keep up anymore. There was incompetence all over the playoffs in every single series.

That being said, honestly in real time, I can see how the Mojo call gets missed. I thought it was a shoulder to shoulder nothing until we saw the slow mo replay. The league did the same, and then they took care of it.

But most importantly, none of the missed calls mean the league has a secret agenda and was out to get the Bruins because the Blues were a "better story." This league can't even get their **** together enough to operate for 10 straight years without a lockout or schedule a Stanley cup final within a week of the last games in the conference finals being played.. but they're supposed to be able to operate a hidden mission favoring a midwest market? That type of **** is for the wack jobs in leaf land.
The more popular (and realistic) opinion is that the league wanted to extend the series, not necessarily help the Blues win. The officiating shift after the game 3 blowout was downright shocking.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I would just like the league to call the games as they are intended to be called, regular season or playoffs. We always hear "put the whistles away" for the playoffs, which is a total crock. Either something is against the rules or it isn't, and it is also BS because they don't really: a puck over the glass in the defensive zone is a penalty every time, too many men is too many men, icing is still icing, so they don't put the whistles away. What they do is stop calling the physical penalties- slashes, hooks and holds, illegal checks to the head, boarding, many of which cause injury. If boarding a guy is a penalty in the regular season why is it not a penalty in the playoffs? What kind of stupid crap is that? Someone pointed out that no other sports league does this. The NBA (may it burn in hell) doesn't stop calling fouls because it is the playoffs, spearing or clipping is still just that in the NHL playoffs. I mean, come on NHL.

I disagree, many fans want to see the players decide the outcomes in big games, not officials. A game in the finals isn't going to be reffed the same as a regular season game. If it's blatant, call it, but fans don't want game decided on a ticky tack penalty in the playoffs, especially OT

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I disagree, many fans want to see the players decide the outcomes in big games, not officials. A game in the finals isn't going to be reffed the same as a regular season game. If it's blatant, call it, but fans don't want game decided on a ticky tack penalty in the playoffs, especially OT

On the flip side, I would say why have rules at all then? Stop calling delay of game, let icings be battled out like they used to, ignore too many men on the ice. Let the players decide. If it is against the rules of the game to have seven skaters on the ice, then how is that different from an illegal check to the head? The point is, the whistles don't really get put away but only for certain things. Either something is a penalty or it isn't, no? If a player can't get away with cross-checking someone from behind into the boards during the regular season, how is it okay in the playoffs? Because we don't want the rules deciding the game?

I agree with the ticky tack crap you mention and I don't like to see it in the regular season either. But this the larger problem of consistent calling of games and maybe a separate issue.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

The problem is, when it's blatant and it's not called (like the hold on Krug or the slewfoot on Acciari in Game 5, the headshot on MoJo in Game 5, or even the OT trip that allowed the Blues to maintain possession in the zone about 30 seconds before their goal in Game 2) because of the desire to "let the players decide the game." By *not* making an obvious call, you are deciding the game. And that's where the frustrations come in ... and why the league put in the penalties for puck-over-glass and a slash breaking a stick. Because officials weren't calling obvious penalties, the league stepped in and created some black-and-white ones where the punishment is often bigger than the crime.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

But most importantly, none of the missed calls mean the league has a secret agenda and was out to get the Bruins because the Blues were a "better story." This league can't even get their **** together enough to operate for 10 straight years without a lockout or schedule a Stanley cup final within a week of the last games in the conference finals being played.. but they're supposed to be able to operate a hidden mission favoring a midwest market? That type of **** is for the wack jobs in leaf land.

WTF do blues fans know about hockey??? Did they give any examples of Bruin's dirty hits not called?

I like to call a spade a spade and didn't see the Bruins get away with everything under the sun. Actually I thought the B's played very disciplined hockey for the most part and weren't trying to end careers like the blues were.

and if you really think pro sports leagues and television networks don't have a vested interest in how a particular game or series plays out .....I have some very affordable ocean-front property in Arizona for sale

#followthemoney

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The finals were packed with that kind of stuff that were a lot more dangerous than the love tap.

But you bring the love tap from a different series to make a point?. Wow you fit perfectly in the FAUX FAKE TOUGH GUYS.

I heard Montreal media equate the Bozak missed call to Marchand licking players after the whistle last year.

Reactions: Spooner st

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Amazingly in international hockey they can call games the same way through out but the NHL can't. Not only do they call the penalties regardless of which game it is but they are quite competent at it.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bottom line in all this is that everybody except Bruins fans wanted the Blues to win. The NHL had nothing to fear in bending the rules, the only hockey fans who would complain is Bruins fans and then they could just attribute that to sore losers and everyone would agree cause nobody but Bruins fans wanted to see the Bruins win. If the Blues were playing anyone else I would have been rooting for them too, I even stated as much on these very boards. Now I wouldn't even be able to root for them if they were playing the f***ing Habs.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I heard Montreal media equate the Bozak missed call to Marchand licking players after the whistle last year.

:laugh: Why am I not surprised?

On "Misplays of the Month" a few days ago they showed the replay of Bozak's blatant trip on Acciari with the ref standing just a few feet away looking right at it (even though the game is supposedly too fast for these older refs to see) and compared it to New Orleans Saints non call

...which cost both teams a playoff game

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bottom line in all this is that everybody except Bruins fans wanted the Blues to win. The NHL had nothing to fear in bending the rules, the only hockey fans who would complain is Bruins fans and then they could just attribute that to sore losers and everyone would agree cause nobody but Bruins fans wanted to see the Bruins win. If the Blues were playing anyone else I would have been rooting for them too, I even stated as much on these very boards. Now I wouldn't even be able to root for them if they were playing the ****ing Habs.

...and even some so-called Bruins fans don't want other Bruins fans to complain because they'll be looked upon as laffs/habs fans :laugh:

I guess we should just ALL be happy the blues stole the Cup from the B's

member 96824

...and even some so-called Bruins fans don't want other Bruins fans to complain because they'll be looked upon as laffs/habs fans :laugh:

I would give someone a call about your complaints with the dangerous blues and the hidden conspiracy you’ve unlocked...911 perhaps?

Bruins lost, it sucks. Still not over it..but they played all 7 games with the same officials that St. Louis did. They needed to be better. They needed to do better than 1-3 at home. That’s it

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad